I am feeling like Goldie Locks

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I am beginning to feel like Goldie Locks from the three bears. You know this one is too hot, this one is too cold. Today I looked into the third farm in a week. The ad on line looked interesting. Said it was 2 miles from a neat little town. Turned out it was right smack on the edge of town. In fact town is on three sides of the property. The one spot on the property which would allow a house to be built was spitting distance from two other houses. And because of a creek that runs through the property a person would have to drive into town to access the farm land portion of the property. One of the ones from last week was in an irrigation district. The water cost is $70 an acre and then you had to pay the cost of pumping it on your fields. The other had a little tiny house which needed to be torn down...... I am tired of too hot and too cold. I want just right.

It gets frustrating at times but the truth is we are blessed. We have this place that the wife had before we were married. It is small but we know it is temporary. And it is paid for. So it is not like we are homeless or paying rent. We have more money sitting in the bank than I ever thought I would have. That money is just waiting for us to find that right place. Wednesday we are going to DIL in Nevada for Thanksgiving. There are two more places that we will look at on our way down there.

Dave":b28qjxqi said:
It gets frustrating at times but the truth is we are blessed. We have this place that the wife had before we were married. It is small but we know it is temporary. And it is paid for. So it is not like we are homeless or paying rent. We have more money sitting in the bank than I ever thought I would have. That money is just waiting for us to find that right place. Wednesday we are going to DIL in Nevada for Thanksgiving. There are two more places that we will look at on our way down there.

We "almost" pulled the trigger 14 yrs ago on a place. It was tied up in an estate and we made an offer which was accepted. Prior to closing, the farm turned out to have significantly fewer acres than advertised, but the family wanted to make no deductions for that; and moreover kept wanting to carve off several acres of road frontage that they "forgot" mama had orally promised cousin so-and so. We finally walked. Several months later, found our dream place and knew it instantly. (The realtor for the first property called our agent a couple months later and said the family wanted to compromise. Our agent took great delight in telling them that they should have believed that we were serious buyers, and had already found and closed on another property, and were there working on it even as they spoke). Good luck in your search!

Son of Butch":17fcptn9 said:
That's right... and the 3rd one was always Just Right.
And I'm pretty sure all stories about bears with a little girl always end... "and they lived happily ever after."

I am pretty sure that Goldie Locks got to take a nap in the story....... maybe I should go back to bed?

When we bought our place it was a nightmare. We moved to this area for a job and I told my wife to not look at real estate for at least a year. My wife has a problem. She loves that stuff. So 9 months in we were looking for a place. We found this small little place that was undervalued b/c it was a short sale. 5 months later, and a lot of heartbreak, we didn't get it and lost some money on the deal, too, after paying for a few things to be done (inspection, applications, etc). We moved to another rental and played the waiting game, looking and looking for the "perfect" place. We put in another offer on a place that was way too little acreage and bordered the old family land. There was a farmer renting several hundred acres that threatened to walk from the lease if we didn't build a weirbox for the water delivery b/c he didn't want to share "with no city folks who will steal his water." It would have cost $15,000 which the FAMILY WAS WILLING TO PAY!!! (if you knew how little lease land there was here you'd know how stupid they were for getting played like that). We walked. So, we sat around for a few more months and found our place. It's perfect! The acreage could be a bit more (but honestly, who on here doesn't think that way?), but we have literal million dollar views. I can see the sunrise and sunset every day over the rocky mountains. I have minimal neighbors. It's got a very convenient location for living in the country and our land is 2/3 surrounded by a big farmer that I'm hoping won't sell until I'm long gone. Good luck and keep looking!