I Am Angus airs Monday evening @ 9 p.m. EST on RFD-TV

Help Support CattleToday:

I wasn't trying to bash the breed, or those who raise them, obviously there are lots of breeders that raise a large number of animals, and without them, the feedlots would be a lot smaller.

The program was very well done, kind of hard to watch in "segments" as I missed the airing on RFD-TV, but very well done, I haven't seen anything like it before. My one problem was that towards the end, talking about the origins and original breeders (Eisenhower and Paul Harvey segments) it was discussing Aberdeen Angus. While I know that the Angus of today descended from the Aberdeen, the Aberdeen Angus still exist, and are much different than the Angus cattle of today...frame, temperament, and genetics that are untainted and not over-used, resulting in hereditary diseases. Kind of misleading for those who might not know that. (I might add: the Aberdeen Angus were descendants of Galloways :banana: )

I value the Angus breed, and recognize that, in any breed, there are outstanding (and awful) animals. And for those that raise them, please remember to support your Association, they are doing a WONDERFUL job promoting the breed and the beef, which has led to the empire you are a part of (happy voice, not bad) I only wish that my breed association was that good-not bashing my own assocation, just recognize that it/I could do better.

And for those that do raise them, I lied, I have three Angus x Galloway, two heifers and a steer. :dunce:

well I love Black Angus...probly the best all around Cattle Breed, Crosses well with just about anything, used in more Top Line cattle breeds, ie. ( brangus, murry grey, sure is helping them Gelviehs, Black Baldies, etc.) as a IMPROVERED , than the next 5 breeds combined....In fact The next five breeds all have use angus to improve, (well maybe not the hereford, not , There are Black Herefords), BLack Limms, BLACK Simms, well you get the point, All yell BLACK chars. ....BASH THE BLACK ANGUS, The Asso., The CAB , BUT IT SEAMS TO THIS NOVICE, THAT THE BLACK ANGUS IS THE BACK BONE OF THE U.S.A. CATTLE ....

With that said, I love herefords.............and were would we be with out them????

I love all you Big Guys and the litte ones too, That believe in what you are doing, right or wrong,your choices are the Cattle future of the world... AND like most things THe more difference The more better.....

O yell For the people here that CAN NOT STAND ANYTHING BLACK, WE made them ANGUS cows IN a RED form , just for you....

Not to beat a dead horse here, but we just added a video page to angus.org this morning where you can watch the show.

Click here:

http://www.angus.org/pub/videos.aspx

Thanks again for watching,

Eric Grant
Director of Public Relations
American Angus Association

RFD is to be commended for having quite a few cow episodes.... such as American Rancher, Cattleman to Cattleman, and my favorite is The Cattle show ( I thought it would be about "showing" catte but it isn't).

That angus show repeated on RFD this am at 10 and I think it shows again on saturday. Seems to be preempting Cattleman to Cattleman.

edited to add: it shows again on Sunday at 2:00 am central time on RFD.

my favorite bit of trivia from the show was about "Big Mac"....a char painted black won the angus steer category and was purchased by McDonalds....that says a lot...

xbred":xbdz51dv said:
my favorite bit of trivia from the show was about "Big Mac"....a char painted black won the angus steer category and was purchased by McDonalds....that says a lot...

:nod:

Eric, I checked out some of your sites that you wrote down. But is there another channel that this air's on I don't get that one????? But I can say what I did see was very intersting!!!!!!! Thanks for that much !!!!!
So what is RFD-TV???? Is there a channel number?????

The program will air again on RFD-TV on late Saturday night/Sunday morning at 3 a.m., DirecTV channel 345 or Dish Network channel 231.

Otherwise, the only place it's currently available is on angus.org.

I you want to contact me at [email protected], I could also send you a DVD of the program, and you could watch it at a time that's convenient for you.

Thanks,

Eric Grant
Director of Public Relations
American Angus Association

Most of the Angus I saw were in the commercials! It was one commercial after another with every Angus breeder you could imagine.

Eric I sent you an e-mail with the info. Thank you very much. Mare

Either channel we don't get. We have Brighthouse cable.

Latest posts