Hydraulic fliud and warranty

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Had a hose on the bushog break the otherday and my kubota lost a good bit of fliud before I noticed the problem. I started to put some chevron type fluid in the tractor to replinish it and the salesman said I might void my warranty so I called Kubota and the guy there said that it could void my warranty to use anything except Kubota fluid. Anyone lse heard this before?
Anyway some of you knew tractor buyers might want to check before using non brand type parts and fluids?

denoginnizer":2ep53thf said:
Had a hose on the bushog break the otherday and my kubota lost a good bit of fliud before I noticed the problem. I started to put some chevron type fluid in the tractor to replinish it and the salesman said I might void my warranty so I called Kubota and the guy there said that it could void my warranty to use anything except Kubota fluid. Anyone lse heard this before?
Anyway some of you knew tractor buyers might want to check before using non brand type parts and fluids?

If that kubota dealer told you this, it is mandatory for him to furnish the fluid. You can take him to court and he will be furnishing every tractor he sell with free fluid.
What he should have give you the specs. that the tractor needed and said this is the specs. Use what you want. I prefer you use Kubotas.
I have a new Kubota I ask about this my dealer did not tell me to use Kubota oil or filters. The interval of oil and filter changers was important to him. I have bought a few new tractor in past years. Cat would furnish the oil until warranty was out, but that was 30 years ago. Up until the last few the dealers would come out and do the first maintenance for free.
Go to your manual and use the oils with the spec. that is called for is all you have to do. You can buy the same spec. fluids at a distributor for about half what Kubota want for it. We were buying our oils from John Deere when we had John Deere on one of the pucketts it had a label on it Specialty Oil Little Rock Ar. that was who were buying our other fluids from and it was same a lot cheaper. On the oil containers it will give the specs. for most tractors to be used in.

On our new Kubota M7040, the local Kubota dealership owner who is a freind of mine, told me that I didn't need to use the Kubota brand of fluid as long as the fluid I did use was the same specs.

He said the other fluid would be cheaper than the Kubota brand and as long as the specs were the same, there wouldn't be a problem.

When I did my 50 hour service I price different oils and ended using Kubota. For $50 a bucket compared to $38 was the average on other oils that meet spec. It was worth $36 for knowing if I had a problem they could not say it was not Kubota oil. Did notice on the bucket that Ashland makes it.

I buy hydrolic oil and filters from Car Quest auto supply. They are close to home and the oil specs. are the same as Kubota at a third the cost. Tom

TNMasterBeefProducer":3pnwruyn said:
grannysoo":3pnwruyn said:
Hillrancher is correct.

Indeed they are. The only thing that I will buy from Kubota is maybe the oil filter. Other than that I use Rotella oil in the engine that has the same specs as the Kubota oil.

Last I checked for the M7040 no one could cross the filter. Wix does not cross the Kubota number.

TNMasterBeefProducer":2jv1etjj said:
Cross? what do you mean by that. I am sorry if I do not follow you. I use the Kubota filter. Are you saying that I should be able to use a different filter or what?
Cross reference to a aftermarket filter such as Wix or other brand.

tom4018":20nh2nny said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":20nh2nny said:
grannysoo":20nh2nny said:
Hillrancher is correct.

Indeed they are. The only thing that I will buy from Kubota is maybe the oil filter. Other than that I use Rotella oil in the engine that has the same specs as the Kubota oil.

Last I checked for the M7040 no one could cross the filter. Wix does not cross the Kubota number.

I would bet if you took your filter in to NAPA, they could match it up with something. Be sure to match up the microns of the original though. Just because it fits doesn't mean its the right filter. Our brilliant mechanic at work "matched up" a tranny filter on our front end loader. Turns out the mesh in the filter was too fine and cost the company a $12000 transmission. Ouch.

dyates":nfrlgc62 said:
tom4018":nfrlgc62 said:
I would bet if you took your filter in to NAPA, they could match it up with something. Be sure to match up the microns of the original though. Just because it fits doesn't mean its the right filter. Our brilliant mechanic at work "matched up" a tranny filter on our front end loader. Turns out the mesh in the filter was too fine and cost the company a $12000 transmission. Ouch.
Wix makes Napa's filters and they don't cross.

Latest posts