Huntsville, AL area

Help Support CattleToday:

That makes sense. Didn't understand that part. I live in Mississippi and travel around/trough Huntsville several times a year. Like others not sure if I would want to live in the city limits as the countryside all around Huntsville is very scenic. Good luck on your possible move.

circlew":2s0fi29e said:
Phil in Tupelo":2s0fi29e said:
I don't think you would want to limit yourself to just south of Huntsville. Tenn is only a few miles north and that is some pretty country as well as the Alabama country side. hwy 122 north of New Market is some nice country and several livestock farms. Like the other guy said about 30 to 50 miles out of the city might work. May wish to drive around/circle the area as AL and TN are ag country. Good luck.

We want to stay south of Huntsville because our folks would be 4 hours south. We want to stay as close as we can.
youll be close to I65

I actually live in Harvest AL which is on the NW side of huntsville on hwy 53.

Land?
I sold 12 acres for 12K/acre in 2006 and 16 acres for 11k/acre. Selling the last of it friday (house and 4 acres) and moving to Tenessee for good. :banana: Been trying to get out of Hunstville since 2004!

Everything you guys are saying about huntsville is true but the area is getting REALLY crowded. Been here since 1971.
Arab is a good bet. Scottsboro is ok. Plenty of jobs in hunstville if your an engineer (i am). Mostly defense based.

I like Tn better, MUCH better.

Cool, I've written a boatload of interrupt handlers myself.

There are a couple of places in HSV you may be interested in working. There's a good embedded systems community that is small but fairly advanced.

Try New hope,Al or Grant, Al. They're south of Huntsville. Know of 80 acres a man could rent at a reasonable price. Also 2 farms there for sale, in Clouds Cove.

my sisters live in Grant,,, im just a few minutes from there,,, pretty place good school,, the folks are bad clannish there though, with a air of superiority... just wait till kids baseball season :lol:

Latest posts