Hump in back.

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
I have seen this in older cows but a first for me in calves. I went out and the weaned bulls and two had humps in there back. Just in front of the 12th rib area. Do not seem to be bothered in any way. Anyone help with this?

sounds like they have hardware to me.it usually makes them get a hump in the back.id put a magnet down them an see if it helps.

Doubt it's hardware as he said they were'nt bothered by it. Hardware they probably would'nt be eating much, and would be pretty lethargic.

One is still humped up. The other is fine. Both are eating and running around.

Scotty":s60v64mv said:
I have seen this in older cows but a first for me in calves. I went out and the weaned bulls and two had humps in there back. Just in front of the 12th rib area. Do not seem to be bothered in any way. Anyone help with this?

Sometimes a case of acidosis will make a calf get slightly humped because they are in a pre-founder condition and have sore back feet and look as though they are walking on their toes.

Went away on its own I guesse. They had been on the same feed for a while. Maybe I got a bad bag or was not mixed the same. That would go with MikeC's acidosis.

Latest posts