Human Clone

Help Support CattleToday:

angie":3d3l6itr said:
Any more than that, and it is only my opinion, which would constitute a gathering of angry villagers with pitchforks and torches. I am only posting to point out what I see as a contradiction in the theories presented.

Sorta where I was going.

It isn't the physical, it is the spiritual.
The clone could end up being a better human being and child of God, than the test tube baby. And visa versa.

Like begets like.

So, it is most likely different for a human egg and a human sperm meeting than for say a bovine egg and bovine sperm.

But, if the sperm doesn't meet with the egg, is a copy of the spirit involved?

Is each spirit our identity that makes us unique since it stays with us after dying?

AngusLimoX":1syxog6x said:
Was Eve a clone? Did she have a spirit?

No sperm/egg action there.

Excellent point. Another immaculate conception like Jesus. That is different than a clone since a clone is not an immaculate conception.

peg4x4":38o71xwo said:
I gotta tell you there are clones around already~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~they are called identical twins! :nod: Maybe you mean replicas? Can't think of the right name yet-woke up with headache and this discussion isn't making it any better :(
Yep, I never will forget the Jones clones- Jeanine and Christine.

HerefordSire":1e234l5y said:
AngusLimoX":1e234l5y said:

Excellent point. Another immaculate conception like Jesus. That is different than a clone since a clone is not an immaculate conception.

So, how is a clone not immaculate?

And who says the Bible is not still being written?

If a clone is not an immaculate conception, then what is it? as it has not come from either an egg or a sperm.
Has it a Mother or Father, Brother, Sister, Aunt, Uncle etc...Who are they? Earth Alien? lots of questions to be answered. and can they?

It's beyond the ability of sinful man to create an immaculte anything, by any means. The spirit and soul are from God not some biological process.

Larry

angie":34rh29h1 said:
It needs to be pointed out that conception and cloning is a biological/scientific concept, and bestowing of souls is a spiritual concept.

If such is the case that animals are without souls, then conception can and does happen without a soul involved, and statements such as the following should not be made as they confuse the concepts ~ inferring that one is dependent upon the other.
A test tube baby has a spirit because the egg and sperm meet.
It appears as though there is a criteria (egg + sperm) in order for a soul to become, as well as a definitive: egg + sperm = soul. You have already agreed, it appears, that you are going off the premise that that is not the case ("animals do not have souls", yet they have conception). Either one is so, or the other by your own logic.

I don't know if that makes sense any place other than in my head. Any more than that, and it is only my opinion, which would constitute a gathering of angry villagers with pitchforks and torches. I am only posting to point out what I see as a contradiction in the theories presented.

Great post angie :tiphat: .

Larry

I'm not at all sure that all humans born in the usual way have souls. I can't think those beasts that beat children to death are even human. Personal opinion,my cat has more of a soul than they do. As to a clone-There is not one human on Earth that I'd want another of. If I could get my Beardog or my horse back (with the qurks that made them who they were) yes,in a second....If it were possibul for me to get another younger body,transfer my mind with all I know (and that body had no mind of itself) Yep..

AngusLimoX":2sum67zn said:
HerefordSire":2sum67zn said:
AngusLimoX":2sum67zn said:

So, how is a clone not immaculate?

And who says the Bible is not still being written?

First off, we are referring to theoretical science and theology. So, as you and others are well aware of, no one knows for sure what the answers are. However, this is a good exercise for many reasons.

You ask good questions that stimulate further discussion.

A clone is not immaculate because it is believed a clone has orginal sin.

No one is saying the bible is not still being written.

Having no stain or blemish; spotless, undefiled, clear, pure.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/immaculate

Original sin[1] is, according to a doctrine proposed in Christian theology, humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man.[2] This condition has been characterized in many ways, ranging from something as insignificant as a slight deficiency, or a tendency toward sin yet without collective guilt, referred to as a "sin nature", to something as drastic as total depravity or automatic guilt by all humans through collective guilt.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin

I believe a baby is a clean slate. I do not believe in original sin.. My opinion only. I respect your belief,and I ask that you respect mine. A clone will have its own mind and soul. It will be human,and will be as any other human,a blank slate. There again,my thoughts only.

HerefordSire":21wh2eps said:
If you had allot of power and or money, say like Michael Jackson, why not create a clone and let the clone draw attention and do all the work he was trained to do.

This "disease" that caused him to turn white, was it genetic or acquired from exposure? His siblings did not seem to get it. Most of the latter generations would not recognize him since he would be black as we remembered him from the 60's. Right? Red Robin bubble gum stuff memories.

backhoeboogie":6d4885rd said:
HerefordSire":6d4885rd said:
If you had allot of power and or money, say like Michael Jackson, why not create a clone and let the clone draw attention and do all the work he was trained to do.

This "disease" that caused him to turn white, was it genetic or acquired from exposure? His siblings did not seem to get it. Most of the latter generations would not recognize him since he would be black as we remembered him from the 60's. Right? Red Robin bubble gum stuff memories.

I think it is believed to be genetic. You make a good point. There usually would be a time lag between the source and the clone.

By the way, the reason I mentioned MJ in the post you highlighted, was because of a possible scenario of faking a death since he would be worth more dead than alive. Much more likely today than yesteryear.

HerefordSire":3pz1ps7b said:
I still don't know if a human clone has a spirit and or soul. Do you? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do I what. Do I know if a human clone has them, or do I have them?? :lol:

Your original sin definition and argument puts the clone in the spirit and soul league.
I tend to agree.

Just because the prophets were not up to the cloning page yet, that doesn't mean human clones are cut out of the God's children group.

AngusLimoX":ghs764h9 said:
HerefordSire":ghs764h9 said:
I still don't know if a human clone has a spirit and or soul. Do you? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do I what. Do I know if a human clone has them, or do I have them?? :lol:

Your original sin definition and argument puts the clone in the spirit and soul league.
I tend to agree.

Just because the prophets were not up to the cloning page yet, that doesn't mean human clones are cut out of the God's children group.

I am thinking a clone has a soul which is unique to all other souls. One of the main differences is a clone's source is one person while a non-clone's source is two persons.

Latest posts