Hereford76

Reaction score
first calf 114l heifer
0716_Udder.jpg

3 year old 21m
727udder.jpg

3 year old 114l
718udder.jpg

I'm not familiar enough with the new scoring system I guess, but I say who cares what the score is! They all look like great functional udders to me!

drdosu2002":39qp3vmb said:
I'm not familiar enough with the new scoring system I guess, but I say who cares what the score is! They all look like great functional udders to me!

Yes I would agree they look functional just trying to keep up with records for the association.

How is Sarge doing, I know the redhead who worked on him.:)

Jeff

Touche

IMG_1479.jpg

Lad daughter

IMG_1478.jpg

Same one

IMG_1484.jpg

Out of a Fraser black bull we ran

IMG_1482.jpg

KCF Bennet Total daughter with three generations of great udders on the cow side I am not impressed

IMG_1379.jpg

There she is just after she calved-I'd say she's on the bigger end of them she's 3/4 HH 1/4 AN. See the weak heel on that baldie cow if that bull would of thrown as good of feet as he did udders I'd of put galons of semen up on him.

IMG_1484.jpg

With hind legs like her's I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about how long her udder will last.

LFF said:
While we are scoring udders (wet udder contest?), how would you rate this 5 year old cow.

Well beings I was the only one dumb enough to score some other breeders udders, :roll: :) I might as well do yours too, the way you took the photo is a little different with her leg stretched back like that, it exposes a little more than you would normally see. I guess I'd give a 8 on the udder, and 8 on the teat, and just for reference, I would want to see all the teats like your cows right rear quarter to score a 9, I'd say 76's 1st calf heifer is the closest to a 9, and may be one when seen in person. The new system which gives higher scores to the tighter suspended udders, which used to mean she's not carrying enough milk in a lot of people's minds is really screwing up how they want to score them, that and you only score the worst quarter, and not the overall quality of the udder.

That baldie cow isn't out of Lad-she's out of an 011 son we ran. She can get bred south devon and raise feeder calves till she comes in open. Lad had real good feet.

Ok. 20P is the sire of one of the bulls I bought and 5P is the sire of the other. Dad isnt a fan of their feet and it just got me wondering, he thinks they dont sit right on them and there is too much curve between the hooves, sorry for the hijack. Is that 20P still around?

Latest posts