how often do you check your cows

Help Support CattleToday:

The cows at home get checked every day because I practice MIG and I move them daily. The ones at the rented field generally get checked every day or two. Very rarely do I go three days. I have worked for ranchers who turned out in May and didn't see all the cows until October. We would check them several times a week but that ment riding the water holes. If a cow was up a draw or off in the brush it could easily be a couple of months before you saw her.
Dave

Cattle Rack Rancher":fg85htz2 said:
Cattle Rack Rancher wrote:
As long as the weather is not too bad, I check my cattle everyday. I'm away from home working about 11 hours a day five days a week at an office job and the mile and a half walk out and back to check the cows is just good motivation to get some exercise.

You need a 4 wheeler!

I've thought about that but then I wouldn'y get any exercise. I sit behind a desk 9 1/2 hours a day. I rarely get out of the office even for lunch or coffee breaks. Its nice to be able to take a walk at the end of the day and actually see the great outdoors.

I think exersise is over rated. One of my brother in laws runs 6 miles + per day.
But if you put him on the end of a rock bar diggin a corner post hole he poops out in five minutes.
Most of dumb farmers are in alot better shape than we look, and I expect that includes you.

Hillbilly

I think exersise is over rated. One of my brother in laws runs 6 miles + per day.
But if you put him on the end of a rock bar diggin a corner post hole he poops out in five minutes.
Most of dumb farmers are in alot better shape than we look, and I expect that includes you.

Hillbilly

Back when I was contracting, I had a rookie police officer working for me on his off days. He spent alot of time telling me how he'd run the obstacle course in record time. He was pretty good up until we had a big sod job to do. We started at 8 am and by 10:30 he was lying on the ground asking me how I could do that all day.

Latest posts