Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >1000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
KNERSIE":yx4n1ws4 said:
Alan":yx4n1ws4 said:
dieselbeef":yx4n1ws4 said:
bigger ops have issues with givin out there net worth

If they simply voted, who would know who they are?

Alan

my point exactly

Glad I was not the only one thinking that way. I had voted earlier, but I am suprised that the numbers are coming up this way.

I have people ask me all the time how many cattle we have, does not offend me at all. But then again I am just a poor man.

why so secret about how many cows you have or how much land you own? It's not hard to find that out, all i have to do is look at the tax records to see how much land you own, and I could just stand by your fence and get a close number on how many cows you have. (or maybe don't have in some cases ;-) )

i'm not surprised by the number of people who have less than 25 but i'm surprised that there are that many with over 1000 on here.

i wonder if any of those were just to skew the results too, tho.

I only run registered Headless cattle, so not sure quite how to count them. They do eat much less, but harder to move.
L.A.

Beefy":33kql7m7 said:
i'm not surprised by the number of people who have less than 25 but i'm surprised that there are that many with over 1000 on here.

I was thinking we may have a few jokers on here. ;-)

We have 52 momma cows, 6 heifers and 2 bulls , along with several babies right now .Would like to get up to about 100 some day. We just keep a few of our best heifers every year we will get there sooner or later. :D

It's like asking a man what size bra his wife wears neither of them are my or your business.

I am reasonably good at guessing cow numbers but I am an expert at estimating bra size. It might not be any of my business but it is a little hobby I picked up years ago.

Dave":160izk4l said:
I am reasonably good at guessing cow numbers but I am an expert at estimating bra size. It might not be any of my business but it is a little hobby I picked up years ago.

capt call were gonna need a pic for this....

thread officially hijacked! it was goin nowhere anyways.....

CAPT????????

Beefy":1bczhx48 said:

I won't speak for any of them; but with me the way the IRS is; if I lie, it will be underreporting the number of cows NEVER EVER overreporting.

For what ever reason DR had for the question(explanation would help) the answer is anonymous and should be answered with sincerity.

Otherwise it is a futile effort and of no value.

Still nobody checking in with between 500 and 1,000? I think I have the reason.

With over 1,000 head there is probably a hired man or two, so you have time to spend at the computer. Probably even have to spend time there doing book work.

With less than 500 head you can find time to sit in front of a computer.

With between 500 and 1,000 head you can't afford a hired man but you sure don't have any extra time to waste on an internet site.

eric":31k7q99q said:
why so secret about how many cows you have or how much land you own? It's not hard to find that out, all i have to do is look at the tax records to see how much land you own, and I could just stand by your fence and get a close number on how many cows you have. (or maybe don't have in some cases ;-) )

You can probably figure out how many nickels someone has by their life style as well (e.g. do they live in a million dollar home?). It is rude to ask how much money they have in their checking account, how much money they have in the stock market, how many CD's they have, how much their salaries are, or how many cows they own. Least way that is what most folks I know think. Simple ethics.

I have to agree it is nobodys business how many cattle we run. But it is between 500 and 1000. As far as standing at the fence line and counting them do it on vacation as there is more than 90 miles of boundary fence.
Adios