Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 251-500

• 500-1000

• >1000

• Total voters
We feed out about 250 cattle a year and start about 800 holstein bottle calves and take them to about 300 lbs.Like the others it is never enough at sale time.

Larry

We're another semi-retired, full-time, small operation....oh yeah all of our's are pets too...
By the way...how many $$$$ do you have in the bank... oh..I mean herd.
DMc

I just had 1 more, so I am getting closer to that 1000 head :eek:

I don't care how many you have, if you don't get excited every time one hits the ground then you are in the wrong business.

UPDATE,,,,,,another bull calf this afternoon, 1 heifer and 1 bull this weekend...

That must be close to 50%
:lol: :lol:

C HOLLAND":237jjyzf said:

I don't care how many you have, if you don't get excited every time one hits the ground then you are in the wrong business.

I have an old mentor that is 70+ and he still gets as excited as I do about the next calf crop.

KNERSIE":37li8w1p said:
C HOLLAND":37li8w1p said:

I have an old mentor that is 70+ and he still gets as excited as I do about the next calf crop.

:banana: Yep nothing like them new babies.
Well the check is pretty nice also....

I don't see why everyone gets so worked up, its a poll, if you participate no-one will know how many head of cattle you have unless you post and tell everyone. I think its an interesting poll, I am surprised that the majority is where it is.

KNERSIE":2m1m48gg said:
Alan":2m1m48gg said:
Can I count what's in the freezer? 0.125

Alan

half of a quarter?

Well I figure, 4lbs if hambuger, 6 steakes and a 4 lbs roast should help increase my herd a little, I can even throw in some left over taco meat in the fridge!

Alan

KNERSIE":dfesrqi7 said:
I don't see why everyone gets so worked up, its a poll, if you participate no-one will know how many head of cattle you have unless you post and tell everyone. I think its an interesting poll, I am surprised that the majority is where it is.
I agree Knersie. It is anonymous and interesting to see. I was amazed to see the majority are under 25 but maybe the higher number operations are not answering as much.

Latest posts