How Many Have Real Jobs?

Help Support CattleToday:

Its crossed my mind to get a part time job to supplement the rising cost of things on the farm. My husband works out full time, and I milk, and do the other chores, but maybe if a few hours a week came up doing something, I might think about it.

GMN

I have a real job.. I work in the healthinsurance industry. I have an even better job in the evenings and on the weekends being with my husband and kids. I hope to have the longevity of many of you in your jobs.

Consider myself a full time, semi-retired, chief operations officer of a small beef business.
Have the best of both worlds...married a good looking younger woman that has a good job.
Folks ask me about my retirement plans and I just give Susie a kiss.
Dave Mc

I work full time at a large manufacturing plant as a maintenance guy. I mostly do electrical type work but we cross trades regularly. I've been here 19 years and enjoy it. Enjoying your work goes a long way.

Work fulltime at a mental health facility, Hubby on the road building processing plants, kid usually a good help on the farm, till his accident in Nov. So it is dear old mom running the show before and after work. Loving every moment of it! :nod:

I have a 'townie' job I have to drive to every day and sit in an office. I am a Network Administrator for a small company of about 60 people now. Been here 7 yrs this past monday, got an award of appreciation and 7 roses. Got to work a real job to finance my farming habit. I'm always trying to figure out a way to get away from the city though. I thought about hotshotting or custom farming but the thing that scares me the most is that it would be up to me to find the work and make sure I got that paycheck every friday instead of just walking down to HR to get it. Maybe when we get the bills paid off.

Let's see....A mechanic, a pipe and structural welder, a roughneck, and a construction worker. But the hardest job of all that I have is going through Vet School!

Both my husband and I have full -time "real jobs". I work a nearby state university; he's in law enforcement AND is an RN. We would both love to be able to stay at the farm but had to work to pay for the farm and for insurance benefits now.

for all the people on this board it seemin that most of us got full time jobs too. thats just a shame aint it. the majority of ranches cant even keep them selves afloat. im sure the actual number of self sustaining or self supporting ranchers and farmers is gettin smaller by the day.

that being said!! IM PROUD TO BE AMONG YA'LL!!! :tiphat:

:tiphat: heres to all of us that wanna do this..and do it cuz we can!!

Latest posts