How many GPA for fertilize?

Help Support CattleToday:

Green1340

Reaction score
I am rebuilding a spray rig and need some opinions. For most herbicides I am using 10 GPA and can bump it up to 20 GPA if needed. For liquid/ water soluble fertilize the 10 GPA doesn't seem to be enough carrier for good coverage. Is 20 GPA sufficient carrier for fertilize applications? Or should I add a set of nozzles to bump the carrier up to 30 or 40 GPA to get a good coverage?

Greenhaw

Seems like that hsould depend on how many GPA the fertilizer calls for

All the fertilizers state how much to apply per acre but I have never seen anything pertaining to how much carrier should be used.

It probably varies enough by producer that you would need to contact them to get their recommended dilution

Douglas":1d2th09x said:
I know this is a dumb question, but do you need a specialized sprayer for liquid nitrogen?
water soluble fertilizers contain solid nitogen using water as a carrier. liquid nitrogen becomes an inert gas in the atmosphere.

Douglas":1is00508 said:
I know this is a dumb question, but do you need a specialized sprayer for liquid nitrogen?
Yes, but it's not really a sprayer. It's an applicator. Liquid N (solution) is a dense viscous liquid that requires a specialized pump and low pressure plumbing.

Latest posts