How long we've been here

Help Support CattleToday:

same here, i resisted registering for a while. i used to frequent cattlepages before i came here (didnt have to register). i remember Dun from there. I remember when Ryder showed up and the day CherokeeRuby made my avatar. i miss that lady and her long-eared cattle.

Beefy":1nihg0oj said:
same here, i resisted registering for a while. i used to frequent cattlepages before i came here (didnt have to register). i remember Dun from there. I remember when Ryder showed up and the day CherokeeRuby made my avatar. i miss that lady and her long-eared cattle.
CherokeeRuby was a real winner. Often wonder how she has been doing.
I would look at pictures of her calves and feel this urge to rope them. :lol: She told me if I did I would be in deep trouble. :help:

I favor a conversation with everyone who owns a bovine, and I get it here. CT is pretty much the only player in this game. There aren"t all that many people who own cattle, maybe .001%.

Just over 3 years for me I think... I enjoy talking about cattle too (Visited a dairy farm with Brown Swiss today, Simm breeder visit tomorrow)... I don't have a huge wealth of knowledge, but I would like to think I am not useless in at least a few of my posts

Been seven years for me. Sure have learned a bunch here and have made some pretty good friends too. Nice to have a place to discuss (and sometimes cuss) bovines! I have Dun to thank for suggesting this site, can't even remember where I was when he suggested I would like this place....Thanks dun!!!! :tiphat:
Thanks Macon for making CT!!!

In Feb. it will be 8 yrs since I registered. I lurked and did a lot of reading for a few months prior to that. When new folks talk about hostile posts, I think back to the days when BlackPower was on the boards...those were some pretty heated posts.

It was a co-worker from the farm where I had been working who had suggested CT. I have learned a lot from these boards, I don't post as often as I used to, ai read here most, as the process for posting etc is not as quick as it once was (perhaps its my set up) I like to think that now and then I can/have been able to contribute. Most of the time by the time I get on here and go to make a post a bunch of others have said pretty much the same thing I would have said so I figure there's no point in posting the same thing.

I love this place, thanks Macon! And special thans to dun. AND thank you to everyone else that makes a contribution to the 'conversations'. Its a nice community, very diverse.

Katherine

Gale Seddon":1h76yii1 said:
I met Warpaint and Roger Townsend a few years back when they came to a special longhorn sale nearby.

Wasn't that for a sale up in/near Warrenton?

There are many others here I would like to meet! (Just think of the great picnic we'd have!)

While there have been several efforts (one successful) for a complete CT today get-together, its difficult to find a time that works for so many from all over the USA.

In the meantime I don't see why we couldn't at least try for one for the Virginia contingent. There's you (Gale), cfpinz, pdfangus, fitz, Kenny Thomas, me and a few others. Surely we could try to find a date and place that would work for us here in Va.

And of course, any of those close to Va or anywhere else would certainly be welcomed, if not encouraged, to come.

What do you think?

Katherine

I say that all you folks from colder climates need a break and should come down to Fl where its sunny and warm. That way i dont have to go anywhere. Lol

hooknline":1qdopap1 said:
I say that all you folks from colder climates need a break and should come down to Fl where its sunny and warm. That way i dont have to go anywhere. Lol
You may change your mind when u have a bunch of people in your pool.

Like i care. Theres usually 20 kids in it in any given day during the summer. The pools solar heated btw. Still not warm enuf in the winter for me

hooknline":p4dia19n said:
Like i care. Theres usually 20 kids in it in any given day during the summer. The pools solar heated btw. Still not warm enuf in the winter for me
Sounds like someone is spoiled by their constantly warm weather. Lol

That's just not fair. Told my husband the other day that if he reenlists that we should try to go to Hawaii so I can lay on a beach all day. He hasn't jumped on that suggestion yet. :(

FarmGirl10":5vkr8l39 said:
That's just not fair. Told my husband the other day that if he reenlists that we should try to go to Hawaii so I can lay on a beach all day. He hasn't jumped on that suggestion yet. :(

My brother spent three years at Schofield Barracks and was going crazy at the end. I was thinking Hawaii, bad? He told me to imagine not being able to go beyond the county lines for three years and report back. I think I understand now.

slick4591":23zuvkh5 said:
FarmGirl10":23zuvkh5 said:

My brother spent three years at Schofield Barracks and was going crazy at the end. I was thinking Hawaii, bad? He told me to imagine not being able to go beyond the county lines for three years and report back. I think I understand now.
He doesn't like it because of the extra costs since its Hawaii. Idk if id want to have to choose between giving my dog to a family member for a couple years or put him through the month long expensive quarantine process. I dont think he would like there anyway too many people walking around.

There are many others here I would like to meet! (Just think of the great picnic we'd have!)[/quote]

While there have been several efforts (one successful) for a complete CT today get-together, its difficult to find a time that works for so many from all over the USA.

In the meantime I don't see why we couldn't at least try for one for the Virginia contingent. There's you (Gale), cfpinz, pdfangus, fitz, Kenny Thomas, me and a few others. Surely we could try to find a date and place that would work for us here in Va.

And of course, any of those close to Va or anywhere else would certainly be welcomed, if not encouraged, to come.

What do you think?

Katherine[/quote]
Im in whenever you decide. Worst thing is I have traveled within 30 minutes of all the mentioned ones in VA within the last 3-4 months and have met none. We got to do better.

kenny thomas":1qbsaueo said:
Im in whenever you decide. Worst thing is I have traveled within 30 minutes of all the mentioned ones in VA within the last 3-4 months and have met none. We got to do better.

I know what you mean, that's why I mentioned it. In the last 3 months I've been, probably, within 3 miles of cfpinz and about 10 from Gale. :oops:

After the holidays we should give this some serious thought.

Katherine

Latest posts