How’s your grass?

Help Support CattleToday:

We have a 40% chance today, I have hay down but I'll take it.
It's going to do what it's going to do anyway.
Isn't that the way to make it rain. It rained here as soon as I laid down my hay. Now two weeks later after equipment failure a neighbor is going to bale my hay for me. Two weeks ago I was baling for a friend trying to beat the rain when I noticed the bales were coming out kind of funky. Looked at the baler and right piston on the bale chamber was not working. Ordered the part, got it fixed a week later go out to finish baling broke the bolt that holds the frame to the flywheel. Got that fixed and last Friday I go out to finish and could not get any pressure at all. So now I am waiting for the mechanic to call me back. I am going to get it fixed, and start thinking about getting a new baler. I think it just might be time that my old Krone baler has a new owner.

How's our grass here in Coryelle Lampasas and Bell counties??
No appreciable rain in over a month. August is supposed to be our hot dry month tho.
So...guess.

View attachment 32491
Are you getting any of the liquid this morning? It will Peter out before it gets to our place, or the SpaceX umbrella will be up again….

Attachments

• 04BC2B69-881A-4DD6-B11A-C92CA34A78F0.png
    04BC2B69-881A-4DD6-B11A-C92CA34A78F0.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
It's so dry here that when people go out to catch crawfish, they are already boiled when you catch them...the fish have ticks...and the grass is crunchy...slight chance of rain this coming Sunday...we can only hope and pray
I did the sad emoji, but did have to chuckle at your description. BTDT with the epic dry.

Finally got some pretty good rain last week and the east/west 80 ponds are looking much better. Huge improvement with the watershed lake, but it also gets all the overflow from everything north. Pastures looking waaaaay better. Except for the weeds.

That said, praying for our friends/community just a few miles southeast of us. Golf ball size hail pummeled the only decent corn & soybean crops in 2 years and lots of destruction in the town. It was surreal, watching the storm hit the edge of our property with only a few sprinkles, and the ensuing destruction we were spared. This time.

West 80 pond. Pretty obvious where the weeds had sprouted, prior to the recent rain. Still not even close to being full.
1689805523894.jpeg
East 80. Big difference from my previous pics but again, still have a long way to go.
1689805645148.jpeg

Burning up in my neck of the woods. No rain in 4-5 weeks…it started being dry earlier last year. I was hoping this year we would make it through the dog days, but don't look like. 20-30% chance Saturday into Sunday. Then no chances after that…

According to Accuweather: 8 of the next 10 days will be triple digits. Slight chance of rain this Sunday and the Sunday after but it's not looking too promising. Heat Index yesterday at 7pm was 104 degrees...
This drought is rivaling 2011, y'all up Lufkin way have had several rains we haven't.
I have had a half inch in the last six weeks.

Burning up in my neck of the woods. No rain in 4-5 weeks…it started being dry earlier last year. I was hoping this year we would make it through the dog days, but don't look like. 20-30% chance Saturday into Sunday. Then no chances after that…
We went under burn ban today and that's two weeks late.

Just got out to my place today. It's been 2 weeks since I've been here. Man it's dry! Grass is all dead or gone. Going to put a bale of hay out tomorrow morning. The girls still look good, but we better get some rain soon. I guess people around here will start selling off soon.

Latest posts