Hot here!

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Temperature here today is 37(99) expecting it to reach 39(102) by the weekend.......I feel like running away :help:

Ouch! That would be -7C, about the lowest we drop to here - not nice!

So which of the extremes would you choose, heat or cold?? I think I'd have to choose heat somehow.

alisonb":1ewqipz8 said:
Ouch! That would be -7C, about the lowest we drop to here - not nice!

So which of the extremes would you choose, heat or cold?? I think I'd have to choose heat somehow.

Right choice. I lived in Alaska almost 6 years. I lived on the equator about 6 months. Heat is what I would choose. Texas is where I am from and where I need to be.

I'll stay right here. We almost never get over 90 and rarely drop under 0. Now if there was some oxygen it would be pretty nice to live here.

alisonb":3tnbxwbw said:
Temperature here today is 37(99) expecting it to reach 39(102) by the weekend.......I feel like running away :help:
Come to Texas for a couple of months. Been around 32-38 in the mornings and 60-62 in the afternoons.

TB, those are pretty moderate temps for winter, seems you are in the right place...until summer ;-)

3wayX - Oxygen would be good :nod: , at what elevation is your property?

backhoeboogie":ycnxgqof said:
Right choice. I lived in Alaska almost 6 years.

In my youth I once saw an advertisement looking for recruits to pack fish in Alaska, at the time I considered it until I heard about the experiences of others that had been there. Seems some of them returned with damaged digits etc :shock:.

alisonb":3i16ct1m said:
TB, those are pretty moderate temps for winter, seems you are in the right place...until summer ;-)

3wayX - Oxygen would be good :nod: , at what elevation is your property?7500' and the cows run as high as 9000'

backhoeboogie":3i16ct1m said:
Right choice. I lived in Alaska almost 6 years.

In my youth I once saw an advertisement looking for recruits to pack fish in Alaska, at the time I considered it until I heard about the experiences of others that had been there. Seems some of them returned with damaged digits etc :shock:.

I can count on my fingers on one hand the days above 100 and below 0 here in my life time. My neighbor just to the west, the Pacific ocean makes sure the temperature doesn't change much. But it does rain a bit in the winter.

I have worked in Alaska and been down south. I will take cold over hot any time. I can always put on more layers of clothes. Of course there is nothing about my Scandinavian ancestory or being raised on the Washington coast that would prepare me for hot weather.

I always tell people that when its cold you can put more clothes on. When its hot you can only take off but so many clothes before you get arrested. Ill take cold over hot all day long

Musta been. From yuppie punk to complete redneck in 2 decades flat. Has to be a new record

14*F here when I went out this morning. But if you dress for it, it's not so bad. Takes a few days to get used to it though.

Latest posts