Horse slaughter

Help Support CattleToday:

holly heifer":35s7tmb0 said:
one more time- horses are companion animals not food animals. I see feedlots full of cattle, hogs, sheep , no horses. I see that we have a muti million dollar industry catoring to horses( catalogs for supplies, halters, show tack, show clothes,) fancy trailiers, trucks, seminars and trainers ( they are not cheap or free) :nod: Vet clinics geared only to horses, photograhers that are horses only, and the list is endless!!! Do you see this for cattle ? NO! sure there are show cattle and fit camps, but nothing like the horse end of it. :cboy: Always, there will be folks that breed for no reason, that dont care for their horses ( or their kids! :mad: ) I stand firm in my belief that the slaughter trade of horses is wrong and will do all I can to see it extinct. Call me wacko, bleeding heart, pony patrol or whatever. I take pride in my beliefs, as do a whole herd just like me! I must get busy, my old horse needs a pretty new blanket :banana:
Perhaps you needs to educate others how to control the horse populations? Since the horse slaughter was banned, the animal cruelty involving horses has skyrocket up to over 60%. Not all horses are great companions, especially unwanted stallions
and I've met few pyscho ones that cannot be tamed and safe around people. My late grandpa used to have mules, I remembered that one of them was too dangerous to be working mule as she is kicker and biter. He ended up shipped that mule to the horse slaughter up Canada.

Alan":bhli55b1 said:
With that said I'll state another side for my argument. Countries that eat horses and have for a couple of centuries;

China
France
Italy
All of S. America
Japan
Switzerland
Most European countries
Most of Asia

While Americans do not enjoy a grilled Flicka burger much of the world does. The leading consumer, according to eathorse.com, is Kazakhstan. They eat 4.7 million horses a year.

Seems to be a demand.

Not too many rescue places in these countries. LOL

Once your folks get tired of pinching those even thinner pay cheque pennies into dimes with your new Hussein Obama legislation, that cheap horse meat is going to start to look pretty darned good to the housewife struggling to make ends meet.

A horse breeders comments:

http://www.producer.com/2010/09/availab ... n-reality/

Site promoting horse meat:

http://www.eathorse.com/

Hungry for horse meat:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/19/opini ... .html?_r=0

Why you should eat horsemeat: It's delicious:

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/life/food- ... ice=mobile

In the end there are so many trolls and so many scare tactics used by the anti horse slaughter crowd - it is almost as bad as the green nazis. In fact it is rare the anti horse slaughter crowd will ever line up and say calmly - "Yeah, I do not eat horse but I understand why others would. The world does eat and has eaten horse for centuries."

The anti horse slaughter nazis love to use terms like horse is medicated, the horse is a companion, the horse is noble, the horse is imperial, it is cruel, it is inhumane, it is whatever. Fear tactics, ridicule and even violence are quite common with them.

Granted they will stand by their principals. Yet in the same breathe many will happily chow down on a lamb, a pig, a dog, a cat, or a cow depending upon their beliefs and traditions. It has always seemed to me that they act superior and they will talk down to you as if you are a bad person.

Personally I would not eat my dog - but I have eaten Rover in a couple of other countries - and in truth it was not too bad. I drew the line at monkey and refused it once - it was too close to cannibalism for my liking.

The anti horse slaughter superior attitude seems to me to be more than a bit two faced - especially when killing - with no guilt - an animal that in some parts of the world is sacred - like the cow. There are far more people in the world that find the cow sacred than live in North America and yet I have never had one of them chastise me for my beliefs and willingness to eat beef.

I am waiting for Holly or one of her friends to have her network raid us here - would not surprise me one bit. Mind you it would bring the trasffic numbers up quite nicely! LOL In fact it would be an interesting day if and when it happened.

Best to you Alan

Bez

:yuck: Not into raiding anyone, just voicing my opionion, one that will have a favorable outcome due to horse lovers like me! :banana: It really does not matter what anyone here actually thinks, as laws one way or another will be implemented. I am pretty sure some folks just love to argue for the sake of the "mind game" . :hide: Sooooo, I am not intimidated by the " lets eat Flicka" remarks. The 3 day eventing would look rather odd if the riders were astride cows???? oh but wait! The horse industry is but a mere hobby :deadhorse:

holly heifer":14bnz7lh said:
: :deadhorse:

I see your still suffering for the lack of Animal protein.

but you use the simlies beating a dead horse. There could be a family of possums in that dead horse having a meal and they could be injured.

LOL!!!!!! At least my heart is healthy( unlike yours) and my arteries are not clogged with fat like yours are!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Bet you take a statin to lower your doomed lipid panel ! :roll:

holly heifer":15qktvn4 said:
LOL!!!!!! At least my heart is healthy( unlike yours) and my arteries are not clogged with fat like yours are!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Bet you take a statin to lower your doomed lipid panel ! :roll:

I don't take any meds sweetheart. And my blood work panel is near perfect. So your theory is off base. You see there is such a thing as a balanced Diet of and Exercise. I get a lot of exercise chasing down unwanted horses to send to slaughter.

holly heifer":2f0ep5jf said:
Sooooo, I am not intimidated by the " lets eat Flicka" remarks. :deadhorse:

Alan":2f0ep5jf said:
Countries that eat horses and have for a couple of centuries;

China
France
Italy
All of S. America
Japan
Switzerland
Most European countries
Most of Asia

While Americans do not enjoy a grilled Flicka burger much of the world does. The leading consumer, according to eathorse.com, is Kazakhstan. They eat 4.7 million horses a year.

Seems to be a demand.

Holly, I just posted how much I respected your opinion, yet you may have seemed to just gone stupid on me. I did not say "let's eat Flicka" (as seen in your quote above, in bold). I said "while Americans do not enjoy a grilled Flicka burger (as) much of the world does". As seen in my quote, in bold above! Please don't pull a XBAR (massey) and twist my words, especially my kind words to you! Let's eat Flicka is a lot different than what I said.

Holly I respect that you've got an opinion, and its ok with me if its different than mine. You gotta quit wishing death and ill health on people.

holly heifer":1kpnbk36 said:

Wow, those are ugly things to say.
FYI your diet doesn't guarantee that you won't have health problems in the future.

You really are a piece of work.

If grandpa wouldn't have eatin so many hamburgers, cupcakes, and cabbage, and didn't drink all that Pepsi I bet he would of made it to 85...instead he died at 84...if he would of only been a vegan. :tiphat:

chippie":3rub0ckz said:
holly heifer":3rub0ckz said:

Wow, those are ugly things to say.
FYI your diet doesn't guarantee that you won't have health problems in the future.

You really are a piece of work.

Chippie things like that don't bother me. I'm in better shape than most people 1/2 my age because of the things I inherited and I would rather expire and be full and happy than expire hungry and pale,sad, Miserable, weak, etc.!

Eat more Meat!

hooknline":2025da2b said:
Only reason we do t eat horses in this country is because cows were easier to catch

That's why the indians always rode Pintos...only horse they could chase down and catch. :lol2: :lol2:

cross_7":8onyf4cm said:
I'm pretty soft hearted when it comes to horses.
I sold 2 back years ago at auction that I am sure went to slaughter and it still haunts me to this day.
One good thing that came from the closing of the slaughter plants is it put a stop to a lot of backyard breeders.
There are lots of people that have no business breeding horses and lots of worthless animals were being bred.
Imo I don't think they should be produced for food
I think there needs to be an outlet for lame, old, worthless horses but from what I have seen it needs to be more humane.
I raise cattle for food, but don't think any animal should be abused or mistreated.
I feel like right up to the point to last breath they should be treaded fair.

While your looking at the horses cross look at some of the cows. No better than those horses.

:heart: :heart: ahhhhh such lovely specimens of the human race we have here! :heart: :heart:

Its no wonder the world is in such a sad sad shape. Once again, just my wacko theory All your harsh words do not phase me.. sometimes the truth hurts. And , yes, I have more petitions to sign. Headed out to our local horse rescue to volunteer some help. We have a truly wonderful group of people helping those 'unwanted' horses. I think some of you posting here are just getting your jollies
to get a rise out of me. What a boring life you must lead. see ya :wave: or on second thought---- not so much !

Holly, if you only had 2 choices, which would you pick.

Send a horse to a slaughter plant.

Let a horse starve to death over the course of a year or 2.

For some horses thats the only 2 choices around, and without the first one on the table it's not pretty. You can call a horse what you want but, they are livestock. Bottom line the slaughter house is a lot more humane way out 90% of the time. There are not enough people in this world willing to rescue all the horses that need it.

TexasBred":1nzvp263 said:
hooknline":1nzvp263 said:
Only reason we do t eat horses in this country is because cows were easier to catch

That's why the indians always rode Pintos...only horse they could chase down and catch. :lol2: :lol2:

I thought they rode app horses so they would be mad enough to fight when they finally got where they were going.

Bigfoot":12aafrly said:
TexasBred":12aafrly said:
hooknline":12aafrly said:

I thought they rode app horses so they would be mad enough to fight when they finally got where they were going.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that's funny! More so if you know appy's at all. Good one Bigfoot! :lol:

Latest posts