Horse slaughter

Help Support CattleToday:

Definition. production - the act of creating output. All the 'big money' activities you listed are all for pleasure. Not to be compared with cattle whose primary purpose is beef production; to provide food. Horses on the other hand, are for pleasure and leisure since the invention of combustion engine. (Yes, I know, theres that 1/10000th of the horses that are actually "working horses") Those registered horses are for and from people that have expensive pets. Shows, rodeos, and other competitive horsing events are again, JUST FOR FUN. There is no production going on there with these animals. Unless they are working horses, they have no INTRINISIC value.

-XBAR-":b7uxnpau said:
Definition. production - the act of creating output. All the 'big money' activities you listed are all for pleasure. Not to be compared with cattle whose primary purpose is beef production; to provide food. Horses on the other hand, are for pleasure and leisure since the invention of combustion engine. (Yes, I know, theres that 1/10000th of the horses that are actually "working horses") Those registered horses are for and from people that have expensive pets. Shows, rodeos, and other competitive horsing events are again, JUST FOR FUN. There is no production going on there with these animals. Unless they are working horses, they have no INTRINISIC value.

You're an idiot with either no knowledge of the horse industry or a single need to troll and provoke arguments ........ You're an Idiot.

problem with you, Alan, is you haven't the capacity to grasp the meaning of INTRINSIC. Perhaps if you did, my comments would 'boggle your mind' so much.

And while you're calling people idiots, you might want to proofread your signature. You can't just connect two sentences with a comma. Nice try though. Idiot.

I find tomatoes as my companions. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: So please stop slaughtering them for food, it's just wrong, and they taste bad too! :mad:

:lol2:

-XBAR-":21s814di said:
problem with you, Alan, is you haven't the capacity to grasp the meaning of INTRINSIC. Perhaps if you did, my comments would 'boggle your mind' so much.

And while you're calling people idiots, you might want to proofread your signature. You can't just connect two sentences with a comma. Nice try though. Idiot.

:lol: :lol: okay, I do understand the meaning of "INTRINSIC", the problem is you used the word in the wrong context. :lol: Also learn how to use a comma and the different ways it can be used. :roll:

Okay done feeding the troll, and with luck your gone soon .... Again.

sim.-ang.king":riqzyrjp said:
I find tomatoes as my companions. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: So please stop slaughtering them for food, it's just wrong, and they taste bad too! :mad:

Okay, I'm going to get more haters on me now, but I agree with your comments on tomatoes! Although if you smash them, chop them, juice them they are great ...... Just don't ever try to put a defenseless slice of tomato on my burger or sandwich!

I have an MBA in Finance. Don't tell me I don't know what intrinsic value is.

I'll bet you the deactivation of the loser's account that your signature is grammatically incorrect? What you've presented is a textbook comma splice. You have no coordinator. Are you a betting man, Dave?

Alan":18c2qss3 said:
sim.-ang.king":18c2qss3 said:

Okay, I'm going to get more haters on me now, but I agree with your comments on tomatoes! Although if you smash them, chop them, juice them they are great ...... Just don't ever try to put a defenseless slice of tomato on my burger or sandwich!
Power to the maters!
yesssmileyf.gif

-XBAR-":2zb2rbdi said:

I'll bet you the deactivation of the loser's account that your signature is grammatically incorrect? What you've presented is a textbook comma splice. You have no coordinator. Are you a betting man, Dave?

You would just register under another name. Again.

-XBAR-":1n9l50iy said:

Strong argument Mr. MBA, why yes I am a betting man, Mr. MBA, but "Dave's not home". :lol: :lol: let's ask Dave ..... Mr. I have a MBA. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my - how does one put up with the death screams of alfalfa when we cut it?

I am pro slaughter but not prepared to make an issue of it. They just go to the plant and get off the truck like cows.

Seems there are at least a couple here who are prepared to fight - their choice - I will just continue to ship as required

Best to all

Bez

It's good to see you still around Bez. For me, sometimes I fall into the "frog and the scorpion" role ..... And have fun doing it. I should try harder to to have self control.

Alan

For holly, I liked your debate or argument, don't let a few harsh post ruin you on this place. I have my opinion and you have yours. So stick to your beliefs and don't let folks like me sway you. Living is learning and we all don't agree, but we all do continue to learn until we die.

Alan

-XBAR-":2um9fhp0 said:

Well I guess that all of the people who earn their living with horses one way or another are just doing it for fun -- trainers are doing it just for fun and all of the people breeding horses are doing it just for fun.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/industry

c : a distinct group of productive or profit-making enterprises <the banking industry>

-xbar- you really are clueless. Stick to something that you know about. You try to make out that you are so smrt.

d_3803.jpg

-XBAR-":d3hw006a said:
I love how you refer to it as the 'industry.' The only horse industry that OS of any measure is the show horse industry. Most horses are pets and hobbies here. What % of horses would you say are actually involved in any quantifiable production?

1993-2007 I sold considerably more dollars worth of horses than cattle. If it was just a hobby, it sure kept the lights on around here.

Ps. When someone like you brags about having an education, it kinda degrades the value of one. Please consider the younger generation and keep your accolades to yourself.

-XBAR-":4tnydn2n said:
You trade horses for a living. Get real.

You are showing your immaturity and ignorance big time. Your ethics about kickbacks at work is enough to make a person not want to do business with you in any form.

I was thinking about your definition of industry. According to your reasoning, anything that is produced for entertainment or fun like you say is not an industry. Tell that to the electronics industry.

holly heifer":3mx6igvt said:
sweet jesus - what a can of worms! :mad: Im deleting my account, didnt even bother to read that last stupid post.. I may be in the wrong place but let it be known that we will continue our fight to save the horses and we will win !!!!!! May you all have cardiac issues from your carnivore diets. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ____________________ ahhhh cardiac arrest
Well I have 3 I need to get rid of . Care to send a trailer for them before I have them hauled to slaughter . People like you are the ones that are gonna starve to death if the sh_t hits the fan . I'll eat anything that doesn't eat me first . Horses are livestock not pets . And should be treated as such . When can I expect that trailer to pick these horses. Up ?

Latest posts