Hoop Buildings

Help Support CattleToday:

bwranch

Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of those fabric covered hoop buildings going up. Anybody using them? I was thinking in terms of Hay and equipment storage. Any recommendations as to manufacturers? Watch outs?

Dont' know any brand names but have seen them going up for green houses. IF this is what you mean I would say they are kind of flimsy. A man down the road has several and a hail storm took them out. The cover anyway. The structure looked allright. I would say if the cover stays put they would be good for storage due to the price of steel.

Scotty

We have 1 up and 1 more to next spring. If you decide to go with the hoop barn make sure you get trusted rafters period. We put a single pipe barn up in 96 and lost it to snow load in 98. We replaced it in 99 with a trust pipe one and it is still going strong. Dad ripped the canvas 3 years ago on it with the tractor, the hole has not enlarged since then. I cannot wait to get the 2nd one up in the spring to store hay in. I have a neighbor that is putting up a 90 by 160 for haystorage and indoor riding arena.

We have one going up in spring 30 x 100. The wholesale cost is $4,000.00. We convinced a dealer to put one up on our place at cost if we let him put a sign on it and use it to show people. I personally think they are ugly, but with the cost of building materials, I'm willing to give it a try. ...

Latest posts