Container hoop barn

Help Support CattleToday:

BFE

Reaction score
Just priced two 40 ft cargo boxes and a 40 ft hoop to go between. Ballpark 23000 delivered and set up. Anyone have any experience with these?

There's a reason that one's cheap. 50 mph wind or two inches snow pull the tarp? Can't do that one v

Used to be able to get one trip containers for 2500.00 twice that or more now. That sounds like a pretty good deal. I would be interested in knowing how that goes
Just priced two 40 ft cargo boxes and a 40 ft hoop to go between. Ballpark 23000 delivered and set up. Anyone have any experience with these?

I like the idea but sea cans are through the roof here. I would have thought that with all the cans piling up at ports over the pandemic that they'd be trying to give them away.
Also, I've seen too many single truss tent buildings fold under snow and/or wind to want to take a chance on one.

I like the idea but sea cans are through the roof here. I would have thought that with all the cans piling up at ports over the pandemic that they'd be trying to give them away.
Also, I've seen too many single truss tent buildings fold under snow and/or wind to want to take a chance on one.
We don't get snow like you but we occasionally get 10-12 inch. Every 2-3 years. I'd go with a double truss myself. Neighbor has a few on poured walls and no problems for 10 years plus.

What are you planning on putting in it? They make good storage, but don't ventilate very well for cattle.

What are you planning on putting in it? They make good storage, but don't ventilate very well for cattle.
Machinery, hay, possibly make some temporary pens for problem cows/ calves or working pens. Seed, feed, herbicides, wife's excess furniture and junk in the cargo boxes.

Both ends would be open under the hoop. I wouldn't think ventilation would be a problem. I was in one yesterday at the cattle buyers, lots of air moving.

Both ends would be open under the hoop. I wouldn't think ventilation would be a problem. I was in one yesterday at the cattle buyers, lots of air moving.
Air movement definitely wouldn't have been a problem yesterday. I've seen a couple of guys try to use them for feeder steers, and both eventually gave up on putting cattle in them. Without a good breeze, they're like greenhouses.

Air movement definitely wouldn't have been a problem yesterday. I've seen a couple of guys try to use them for feeder steers, and both eventually gave up on putting cattle in them. Without a good breeze, they're like greenhouses.
They would have lot access if I were to do anything permanent.
There's a couple farms that have similar totally contained feeding floors here. They seem to get along well with them.

Can you share who made the hoop building and who is installing it? That price seems good to me. The prices I have been quoted, just the hood building would be almost 23,000. I would like to put one up to store hay in. Thanks!