• a. more than 100 y.o

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b. less than 100 y.o

• c. don't have a clue

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
two farmhouses from 1890s, log cabin (from somewhere else)older than that and a couple of barns and a tobacco barn built the same time as the houses. they (barns) are all fixing to fall down though

Based on local history an old machine shed was built around the turn of the century, not the last one, the one before. All that's left of it is the roof, the building collapsed yars ago. The old root cellar and log cabin are from before the civil war. The modern buildings were built around 1930, all solid oak.

dun

house was built in 1886 after gr gr uncle buried his mother and children due to illness contracted in the "dugout"

barn built in 1914 - same uncle caught pneumonia and died soon after -

sad to say we can date these buildings based on family tragedy

The oldest building on my place was a barn that fell down last year. Just guessing , but I would put it back to pre state hood at least.

I have part ownership, 1/3, in a building in Blanchard, Oklahoma that was built in 1891. It was the first bank in the area, had no electricity or indoor plumbing and was heated with a coal/wood stove when first built. The local library has newspaper accounts of Horseback bandits robbing it.

There's an old log house that's used as a garage now that was built in 1905 for some homesteading folks. Barn is probably 50-60 years old, and the house (one that's being lived in) is about 50 years old--been renovated twice!!

Our farm has been in the family since the land was homestead. Last of the old buildings went down last year.

Real old -- over 100 easy -- but exactly how old is anybody's guess.. I know the little building in the backyard I use for storage had been a wash house since the previous owner's grandson was a little boy, and he said it had been a 'day slave house' for years and years before that..

The grandson is about 75 or so today.. :shock:

I asked if he knew how much older my house was than the building, and he didn't have a clue... By all accounts, though, it's quite a bit older.

a lot of building in the county I live in are still standing from when this place was settled around 1745...most of my barns were built in the early 1800's...my mill was also built in the early 1800's

I'm not sure how old it is (anyone care to guess?) but this sharecropper's bungalow is the last of what were three dwellings on this property. The other two were torn down/fell down before I was old enough to remember. Incidentally, my late uncle was born in this house before the property came into our families posession.

P2110284.JPG

A close look at the rear window indicates one of it's current uses since it overlooks my oat patch. ;-)

P2110286.JPG

the barn was built in 1927 by my papaw and my uncles, 3 years befor my daddy was born...the old tin on the roof is original except for a few peices that we have replaced, and the old is still better than the new, much heavier than the new tin nowadays.. and i wont even go into the crappy wood that ya buy nowadays that dont last till the water gets hot. my daddy told us that he sure hated to see the old barn torn down, it was built for wagons, and feed/hay storage. stalls, not really for todays needs.....but before he passed away we started redoing parts of it, he was so excited, he sat on a red folding chair i put out for him so he could help and not get so worn out, he took out nails, screwed in screws and bossed, from that chair, he loved everyminute, i wouldnt dream of tearing that big old barn down, even tho he's gone now, i keep his red chair out under the trees by the barn so he can keep an eye on everything. :heart:

Living room part of the house is pre 1886, back part was moved with a mule team probably late 20's or early 30's (by my Great grandfather - have a picture)

Of course there are several prehistoric sites on the ranch as well so guess those would be a little older :p

I have some German friends. They are always taken with the western stuff, but never with the age of our house :lol:

Paleantologists tell me this is an acrocanthasaurus track and it was made 110 million years ago. I'll have to take their word for it. I've found quite a few.

ChickenFoot.jpg

backhoeboogie":2t69ly6p said:
Paleantologists tell me this is an acrocanthasaurus track and it was made 110 million years ago. I'll have to take their word for it. I've found quite a few.

ChickenFoot.jpg

that is cool!!!!