Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b. less than 100 y.o

• c. don't have a clue

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
backhoeboogie":1hfx1c83 said:
Paleantologists tell me this is an acrocanthasaurus track and it was made 110 million years ago. I'll have to take their word for it. I've found quite a few.

ChickenFoot.jpg
looks like you win backhoe :p the oldest thing on my place is me. if there had been a kitchen sink on it i would of had to replace it

looks like you win backhoe :p the oldest thing on my place is me. if there had been a kitchen sink on it i would of had to replace it[/quote]

Why thank you, but I prefer to default to the person with the oldest structure.

I have found some shard where the Native Americans used to camp and cap flint. The entire area is nothing but limestone and cedar trees. I was walking along the caliche and checking out tracks and saw a piece of flint shard. At first I thought it to be an arrow head. I got to looking around and there was flint shard all in that proximity. It was above a creek but within the protection of the hill on a flat area. I brought the wife down to show her. She bends over and picks up a spear head. It was not complete, but almost. Apparently it broke wrong and they discarded it. There were some arrow heads the same way. Mostly there was shard fragments everywhere. I wouldn't want to walk in that area barefoot. The flint was obviously brought in. There is no way of knowing how old this camp site is. The long cedar poles up on Comanche Peak are said to have made excellent teepee poles.

I have sold a great deal of limestone. Sometimes I find casts of where a dino stepped in loamy soil and left a track. Then mud infilled the track and eventually solidified into limestone. Sometimes they are "free casts" and sometimes they are stuck to the bottom of rock slabs, like the one in the pic. The free casts are kind of neat because they are so portable and teachers can show them to kids at school and such. I never sell any of them although I have been offered quite a few nickels for some. I did give a couple of small ones to a kid for a science project. He won first place.

The rivers around here are full of tracks and track ways. If you pull up enough layers of limestone when you are digging on high ground, you find them too.

The picture is of about the best track I have found. Little kids are really into dinosaurs these days. I guess it is the Barney thing. It is fun to watch the kids when they see these.

If anyone is a teacher, lives close by, and would like to borrow some, PM me.

that dinosaur footprint aint nothing...just 110 million years old...I live on a billion year old mountain with billion year old rocks :lol: ...so if a dinosaur foot counts...then the Blue Ridge Mountains should count too ;-) :D

if it's things near you property, I live near three old buildings, one was built in 1605 and the other 1535 and the oldest 1065 and they are all in good condition the one in 1065 is the Tower of London. there are lots of very old buildings around over here. but we all live on the oldest thing of all the EARTH. ;-) :lol: :lol:

Latest posts