Home raised Holiday Christmas Meal!

Help Support CattleToday:

artesianspringsfarm

Reaction score
This may not seem like much to some of you, but dang, I sure did enjoy having the meat platter filled with meat that I raised the way I wanted them to be raised. Not pictured is the ham, but here is my smoked Pekin duck and sirloin tip roast. Both medium, and damn tasty.

photo51_zps37d6030e.jpg~320x480

Clementines Jo. I cooked it differently than I ever have but it worked out great. Stuffed the cavity with onion, orange, and a sprig of rosemary. Then I put it on my Weber rotisserie and smoked it on the rotisserie for two hours at 180-220 (not as much control at the low end as a normal smoker). Then I turned it up a bit to about 250 for another hour and a half to finish it off. The fat was pouring out of that thing and the duck fat that I rendered and saved has an awesome citrusy scent to it. Should be great stuff for sauteeing veggies or cooking an egg in.

That sounds great. Citrus and duck is a great combination. Used to make something along the same lines and it was really nice. Haven't duck hunted in some years though after learning what a bad person I was so I haven't made any since that day. That photo sure makes me want to head back to the roost and toss the dice once more. :mrgreen:

Latest posts