Christmas fruitcake..........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent":2bhq3rol said:
I usually get one every year through the holidays. They are loaded with fruit and nuts. Does anybody else like them or make their on?

UK-Red-Holly-Box-2018_00101.jpg

Looks delicious. It would already be missing a chunk if I was near it.

Stocker Steve":1157u61m said:
slick4591":1157u61m said:
My dad would make one every year but his recipe called for a number of soakings of rum.

I heard that fruitcakes can be stored for years and years ?
And I heard there is something like only 7 fruitcakes in the entire world and all are in a state of perpetual regifting.

Son of Butch":2jos4okl said:
Stocker Steve":2jos4okl said:
slick4591":2jos4okl said:
My dad would make one every year but his recipe called for a number of soakings of rum.

I heard that fruitcakes can be stored for years and years ?
And I heard there is something like only 7 fruitcakes in the entire world and all are in a state of perpetual regifting.
I came here to say the same thing!

https://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/bakery ... /fruitcake
My grandma shopped there when I was young and would give us fruit cakes and other stuff from there to eat at Christmas time. Most stuff they sell is pretty good. IMO
I live about 14 miles from Claxton Fruit Cake Factory. Also In same town is the Georgia Fruitcake Company. Both are good and I go to both and get some for Christmas. I like the Georgia Fruitcake best plus they have a store front that sells all kind of baked goods plus donuts and bear claws and such. I think you can order on line from either store. I'm the only one in my house that will eat fruit cake. Oh well, it's how I keep my figure. Lol

I live about 14 miles from Claxton Fruit Cake Factory. Also In same town is the Georgia Fruitcake Company. Both are good and I go to both and get some for Christmas. I like the Georgia Fruitcake best plus they have a store front that sells all kind of baked goods plus donuts and bear claws and such. I think you can order on line from either store. I'm the only one in my house that will eat fruit cake. Oh well, it's how I keep my figure. Lol
I'm the only one here that eats fruitcake too. I get to dispose of all the give away fruitcake given to my daughter. I think it will keep me going up until Easter.

Ken

Make great door stops
Well there is that. It also makes it easier to catch baitfish. Break off a handful size chunk and tie it up in an old pair of your wife's fishnet panties, then suspend it in the minnow trap. Not sure if it's the fruitcake or the old panties that bring them in. I don't really care cause I'm going fishing.

Bought 2 this season. One for me and one to take to the Christmas dinner.
One was a little dry and needed some more rum added to it but the one that came from H-E-B was great.

Latest posts