Christmas supper

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
Just two of us this time.
Wife doesn't like the traditional KY country hams so she gets the store bought KY Legend smoked ham.
Baked beans, creamed corn, sweet potatoes, spinach, canned cranberry sauce, gluten free cheddar biscuits.
Custard for dessert,
We'll add different things along to go with the left overs.
Tomorrow it'll be mashed potatoes.
2E8EF9D9-656D-46F7-BA27-D0F06DAD9835.jpeg

We had about 21 here counting kids...and I even knew about 15 of them! LOL. I smoked a ham, a turkey, and a brisket, and cooked a prime rib in the oven. I don't know what all everyone brought for sides, because by the time I cooked all that meat, cut it up, etc., I was full! So, I just went straight for the desert table and the coffee pot!

Last edited:
This year it was just going to be the wife and I Christmas day, son and daughter in law went to Texas to be with her family this year. Christmas eve we went to my Aunt's house and had a big group there and Christmas day we went about 2 hours east and spent time with my 90 year old grandfather and grandma on my Mom's side. Wife made a breakfast casserole, Taco soup and took them a batch of her famous sugar cookies. We are the closest family to them, the rest of the family lives 6 hours away in Oklahoma. They are both hard headed and don't want to move closer to family, still live on their own. Pawpaw was a truck driver his whole adult life, he'll still get in the car and light out to Oklahoma if he gets a notion.

ust two of us this time.
Wife doesn't like the traditional KY country hams so she gets the store bought KY Legend smoked ham.

That KY Legend smoked ham is available most good grocery stores here and is pretty dang good. I have some in the fridge right now for samiches.. it ain't in-expensive either.

Sugar creek ham is good for store bought ham too. Don't let the name fool you, it's good and salty like ham should be. Not sugary like a lot of "ham" now. Throw it on the smoker, nearly as good as an old fashioned smoke house ham.

Celebrating another Christmas, New Year's today ... I bought a ham that said nothing of "honey". Not just me, wife doesn't care for honey slathered ham either. Opened it up to get it in the oven and what did I find? Yep, that honey glaze package....🤮.... yep, it's in the trash! ;)

Celebrating another Christmas, New Year's today ... I bought a ham that said nothing of "honey". Not just me, wife doesn't care for honey slathered ham either. Opened it up to get it in the oven and what did I find? Yep, that honey glaze package....🤮.... yep, it's in the trash! ;)
I'm with ya on that honey glaze stuff, we throw it away too.
Honey is good and has its place but not in ham.

Latest posts