Christmas fruitcake..........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I usually get one every year through the holidays. They are loaded with fruit and nuts. Does anybody else like them or make their on?

UK-Red-Holly-Box-2018_00101.jpg

jltrent":zcn65qzh said:
I usually get one every year through the holidays. They are loaded with fruit and nuts. Does anybody else like them or make their on?

UK-Red-Holly-Box-2018_00101.jpg

Love them this year stores that normally have them didn't I drove around going to stores finally found some 30 miles away they only had 4 I bought them all

My wife makes really good fruitcakes. She has a few different types. Sometimes i even put a piece in a bowl and pour custard over it like a pudding. I get a few strange looks but the more the merrier!

True Grit Farms":10uj6rck said:
https://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/bakery-catalog/fruitcake
My grandma shopped there when I was young and would give us fruit cakes and other stuff from there to eat at Christmas time. Most stuff they sell is pretty good. IMO

Those sure look good.

I don't care for them. My dad would make one every year but his recipe called for a number of soakings of rum. He took care of that thing like it was child for those couple of weeks.

slick4591":yubp6nqn said:
I don't care for them. My dad would make one every year but his recipe called for a number of soakings of rum. He took care of that thing like it was child for those couple of weeks.
My mother and grandmother used to make fruitcakes and put bourbon in them. Those were good. I've never had a store bought one I liked.

Stocker Steve":2ye0av36 said:
slick4591":2ye0av36 said:
My dad would make one every year but his recipe called for a number of soakings of rum.

I heard that fruitcakes can be stored for years and years ?

Yes they can if made right. My wife kept a tier of our wedding cake for our first anniversary, tasted fine and was still moist. Seemed a bit scary to me as i had never heard of it before but you know, happy wife happy life and all that.

Plenty of fruitcakes on CT. Didn't see any reason to buy one at the store :hide: :lol2: I'm only kidding. Couldn't resist the opportunity. :tiphat:

JMJ Farms":7cgeodkd said:
Plenty of fruitcakes on CT. Didn't see any reason to buy one at the store :hide: :lol2: I'm only kidding. Couldn't resist the opportunity. :tiphat:
Yep, I'm sure you get a good laugh every morning you shave.

True Grit Farms":2jphvqwa said:
JMJ Farms":2jphvqwa said:
Yep, I'm sure you get a good laugh every morning you shave.
For the last 5 years I've resorted to shaving once a week. Every Sunday morning. Couldn't stand looking at something so purdy any more often than that :lol2:

Latest posts