Holstein calves

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a 2 and a 1/2 month old heifer calf and she has been sick quite abit. But now she has a caugh. It is not namonia, or any kind of illness the vet can find, she just came off antibiotics, but we have noticed some of the other calves have it as well. I was wondering if calves can get a type of kennel caugh such as dogs get. They are in an inclosed barn. There are about 25 to 30 head in there. It use to be an old standing milk parlor made into a place for calves. If you can give me any ideas on what it could be, or wheather they can get such a thing.<p><br>
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

First off what was she on anitbiotics for? If the calves have access to any hay it could be that the hay is too dusty for them ot has a bit of mold in it. There is nothing wrong with the barn conversion. I have seen calves in lots worse places than that.Calves don't get kennel cough, but the they do cough which is pretty normal. I would be more concerned with a fever or any other presenting symptoms to go along with the cough.<br>Janet<p><br>
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Latest posts