Hog Processing Grandpas Way

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":1x1bzi3t said:
Jogeephus":1x1bzi3t said:
I think the choice is quite simple. Would you rather smoke something that calms your nerves or take something that gives you thoughts of suicide?
I tried that chantrix crap, may not have been a good time since we had an icestorm the next day and didn;t have power for over a week, but during the week I took it I lost something 20 pounds from the nausea and puking

Was that from the drug itself or from the combination of tobacco and the drug. I read where they've come out with a new pill for alcoholics that give you a hangover if you take a drink and am just wondering if this does the same.

Jogeephus":o3305l6c said:
dun":o3305l6c said:
Jogeephus":o3305l6c said:
I think the choice is quite simple. Would you rather smoke something that calms your nerves or take something that gives you thoughts of suicide?
I tried that chantrix crap, may not have been a good time since we had an icestorm the next day and didn;t have power for over a week, but during the week I took it I lost something 20 pounds from the nausea and puking

Was that from the drug itself or from the combination of tobacco and the drug. I read where they've come out with a new pill for alcoholics that give you a hangover if you take a drink and am just wondering if this does the same.
Could have been, but the neighbor woman tried it last year and she quit smoking when she started taking the pills. She had the same issues only she was even skinnier then me and the weight loss pretnear killed her.

skyhightree1":1x1hg1en said:
can yall tell me what part of the hog provides like the fat meat you use with cabbage ?
I just use the belly (bacon part).

skyhightree1":2kqjh91e said:
See I like fat meat but I dont like alot of lean in it I like the fatty portion best.
Sort of like Jack Sprats wife

LOL.. does anyone eat brains anymore? I read somewhere it has 2400 grams of cholesterol in a tablespoon of them.

Jogeephus":1eqrcmpb said:
No I need the different types of fat for other things so I collect, lable and store it. There is a big difference in the types of fats, backfat being the most valuable. I do make pork skins sometimes. BTW - speaking of lard. Have you read where lard is not as bad for you as they once told us?

Don't believe them Joe.....My grandma died when she was almost 101 and I'm pretty sure it was that dam hog lard and Garrett's snuff that done her in.

skyhightree1":36w4xrdw said:
LOL.. does anyone eat brains anymore? I read somewhere it has 2400 grams of cholesterol in a tablespoon of them.
I try to limit my brain consumption to squirrel brains only.

TexasBred":35e5dj40 said:
Jogeephus":35e5dj40 said:
No I need the different types of fat for other things so I collect, lable and store it. There is a big difference in the types of fats, backfat being the most valuable. I do make pork skins sometimes. BTW - speaking of lard. Have you read where lard is not as bad for you as they once told us?

Don't believe them Joe.....My grandma died when she was almost 101 and I'm pretty sure it was that dam hog lard and Garrett's snuff that done her in.

Was that the peach or the apple?

As for brains, I can't say I have but then again there is hog head stew and I know the brains went somewhere. Maybe that's the secret ingredient that makes it taste so good.

Do you have any idea how far we have come from a true vienna sausage? Before being americanized and hacked by the accountants and pencil pushers a vienna sausage consisted only of pork loin and chicken breasts with salt and white pepper as the spices. How, I wonder, did we get to the point of where we are today. Good though aren't they?

And you can't beat those Prairie Belt smoked vienna sausages. They have both pork thingies and chicken thingies and whatchamacallits in them. Pretty sure they are organic too. And Vegan Friendly - cause as they don't hurt when you pelt them with them - assuming you remove them from the can before throwing.

Jogeephus":14wz232j said:
And you can't beat those Prairie Belt smoked vienna sausages. They have both pork thingies and chicken thingies and whatchamacallits in them. Pretty sure they are organic too. And Vegan Friendly - cause as they don't hurt when you pelt them with them - assuming you remove them from the can before throwing.
That would be about the only thing they would be good for. They;re crappy catfish bait, so mushy they just fall off the hook

Latest posts