Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":2b4cr545 said:
Has any crime, hostage situation, terrorist attack or property takeover ever been solved on CT?? Got a lot of wanna be experts on here. :shock:

Then there are those who may be inconsiderate or just too lazy to care about what's going on, but can log on to a forum and belittle those who are concerned and engage in conversation.

SteppedInIt":t65ln0sa said:
Then there are those who may be inconsiderate or just too lazy to care about what's going on, but can log on to a forum and belittle those who are concerned and engage in conversation.

Pull up a chair steppedInIt. You're welcome to sit here at this table.

backhoeboogie":1vnqg64q said:
SteppedInIt":1vnqg64q said:

Then there are those like you two who are like the little dog CB talks about from time to time.....barks constantly just to feel his a$$hole wiggle.

TexasBred":2w8sspeq said:
backhoeboogie":2w8sspeq said:
SteppedInIt":2w8sspeq said:

Then there are those like you two who are like the little dog CB talks about from time to time.....barks constantly just to feel his a$$hole wiggle.

Speaking of barks, check out the number of posts you have. You're over 10,000 posts ahead of me and I bark a lot.

When it comes to this Waco thing, even the Rangers are shaking their heads. But you know more than they do.

backhoeboogie":redxsmoq said:
Speaking of barks, check out the number of posts you have. You're over 10,000 posts ahead of me and I bark a lot.

When it comes to this Waco thing, even the Rangers are shaking their heads. But you know more than they do.
I never look at post counts but actually many of my posts contain substance. You might work on that as well instead of always whining. As for 'Waco" I know only enough to know that I don't know enough to pass judgement on any of them. I do agree in the arrests, the bail, let them out when they make bail then present any evidence you have to a grand jury. If there is not enough for an indictment then you "no bill" them and let them go home. If there is enough evidence you indict and go to trial or plea bargain. That's how the system works and it doesn't take 50 bags of BS by people stating little more than their own biased opinions to get to that point. If those rangers know anything I'm sure they'll be given a subpoena to testify. If not they can keep shaking their heads.

Not trying to start any thing TB buts it's easy to say they all deserve it when it's not you. What you just described is what is exactly what's wring. You stated every one is guilty until they go to grand jury. That's a huge expense and hassel. What happened to innocent until proven guilty.

Too many times law enforcement is assuming every one guilty. Those assumptions have lasting effects whether it be shooting some one by "accident", drawing there guns on law abiding citizens, or charging them with crimes for just being some where.

If you and I go in to a bar, I pull a gun and shoot the bar tender... should you be arrested just for knowing me and being there with me?

According to a friend that lives at china springs. The owner has closed the restaurant where this started and also another at another town. Twin peaks was the name of the restaurant.

TexasBred":f5b5ayfx said:
I never look at post counts but actually many of my posts contain substance. You might work on that as well instead of always whining.

I'm just looking at the bright side of things TB. Tons of PM's. Its been a while. Now I'm flooded again.

backhoeboogie":7wpx5xyv said:
TexasBred":7wpx5xyv said:
I never look at post counts but actually many of my posts contain substance. You might work on that as well instead of always whining.

I'm just looking at the bright side of things TB. Tons of PM's. Its been a while. Now I'm flooded again.
That's good to know. It will give you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you are so loved and people have your back. :shock: Enjoy those PMs.

Brute I'm not saying they are all guilty and I'm certainly not in law enforcement nor an attorney but seems logical to place everyone in custody and allow them to make bail. Sort of like arresting everybody at a cock fight. That's not guilty until proven innocent, it's simply an attempt to insure they'll be around for any hearings or a trial if it comes to that. Many have already been released without charges and now some of those will probably file civil suits.

Tb you do realize that if you are arrested and place bond, then a grand jury no bills your case. You don't get that bond money back.
Or the job, career you may have lost.
I'm sorry but law enforcement needs to do their due diligence to make sure they don't do harm to the life of innocent people. We are all expected to do our jobs even though sometimes it's difficult. That applies to police and government employees to.

fenceman":vfcu9ik3 said:
Tb you do realize that if you are arrested and place bond, then a grand jury no bills your case. You don't get that bond money back.
I'm sorry but law enforcement needs to do their due diligence to make sure they don't do harm to the life of innocent people. We are all expected to do our jobs even though sometimes it's difficult. That applies to police and government employees to.

Can I get my bail money back?

Yes, you can normally get your bail money back no matter if you are convicted or acquitted of your charges. This applies if you pay for the entire bail and do not use a bail bond. If you get a bail bond, the bondsmen will get their full amount back, but you can not get back the 10% premium that is charged.

People that join motorcycle clubs (the notorious ones) should give more though to the potential hazards of membership (jobs etc). It is not the job of law enforcement to be concerned about your career while you ride as a "Bandito" or member of any other gang. That is personal responsibility and we each have to consider the consequences of our actions. All I know is that they were charged with engaging in criminal enterprise. Now I have no idea what that means but sounds pretty broad making the arrests all easily justified. They will all have their hearings and if the system works the guilty will be tried and hopefully found guilty and the not guilty will be freed. At least the juries will be listening to facts and not hearsay and innuendo.

TexasBred":1poydzjr said:
fenceman":1poydzjr said:

Can I get my bail money back?

Yes, you can normally get your bail money back no matter if you are convicted or acquitted of your charges. This applies if you pay for the entire bail and do not use a bail bond. If you get a bail bond, the bondsmen will get their full amount back, but you can not get back the 10% premium that is charged.

People that join motorcycle clubs (the notorious ones) should give more though to the potential hazards of membership (jobs etc). It is not the job of law enforcement to be concerned about your career while you ride as a "Bandito" or member of any other gang. That is personal responsibility and we each have to consider the consequences of our actions. All I know is that they were charged with engaging in criminal enterprise. Now I have no idea what that means but sounds pretty broad making the arrests all easily justified. They will all have their hearings and if the system works the guilty will be tried and hopefully found guilty and the not guilty will be freed. At least the juries will be listening to facts and not hearsay and innuendo.

Spot on. I know folks that ride with their clubs all over the state each weekend when the weather permits. They all said they wouldn't be making that trip cause they figured their would be trouble.

What they oughta due is write everyone in the country a ticket for failing to use their turn signal. Everyone's who has a driver license has probably done it right?
Once you take the day off, go to court and prove you never have failed to signal, you can get the ticket dropped.

fenceman":3fo5x8iw said:
What they oughta due is write everyone in the country a ticket for failing to use their turn signal. Everyone's who has a driver license has probably done it right?
Once you take the day off, go to court and prove you never have failed to signal, you can get the ticket dropped.
Tried something similar when I was a teenager. Told the HP I left my license at home. He wrote me a ticket and told me to take my license to the JP office and they would void the ticket. I paid the ticket. Then he stopped me about 2 weeks later and asked me if I had my license. I confessed that I had lied and he confessed that he knew I was lieing all the time adn really didn't care if I ever got a license but it was gonna cost me $16.50 everytime he saw me. I went the next week and got that $3.00 drivers license.

Tb I think I 've got a another example. I was stopped several years ago in lampasas , you know south of town on183. The speed limit goes from 45 to 35 to 45 in a few hundred yards. I was admittedly distracted talking to my son and was stopped for being slightly over the limit.
I was also pulling a empty tumbelbug. The trooper ask about the lack of plates and lights.
I told him it's a hay trailer their not required. He became angry and wrote me tickets for both offenses.
Now I was fortunate. In lampasas county you call judge Garcia and usually he answers the phone. I told him I would gladly pay the speeding ticket (the only one I've ever got)but the others I didn't feel I had broke the laws.
He agreed, but still having to adhere to due process I was required to take him a photo of the trailer and he dismissed the tickets.
You can bet if I had received the tickets in a bigger city, I would have had to spend at least a day fighting the tickets because of the troopers ignorance.
That's my point. Leo needs to be expected to do things properly, just like any professional.
Not to use their powers to simply sweep people up and let the courts filter the good from the bad.

I've had the same deal. It still cost like $50 for processing. Really, $50 to fix their screw up. I think that officer should be fined the $50. Maybe he will think before he starts writing next time.

The whole city of Houston use to, don't think they still do, arrest you for carrying a loaded gun in the car after the castle law came out. They would haul you in, press charges, and put you in jail for doing some thing perfectly legal. They flat out said they know that carrying is legal, and that their charges will not hold up, but they still want to put the gun owners through the hassle of fighting the charges for carrying in the town. How about that TB? Their cops were going along with the too.

Brute 23":2ms7nn8q said:
I've had the same deal. It still cost like $50 for processing. Really, $50 to fix their screw up. I think that officer should be fined the $50. Maybe he will think before he starts writing next time.

The whole city of Houston use to, don't think they still do, arrest you for carrying a loaded gun in the car after the castle law came out. They would haul you in, press charges, and put you in jail for doing some thing perfectly legal. They flat out said they know that carrying is legal, and that their charges will not hold up, but they still want to put the gun owners through the hassle of fighting the charges for carrying in the town. How about that TB? Their cops were going along with the too.
Houston issue not even close to being similar. 9 murders and dozens wounded and a huge number of weapons confiscated is a bit more serious. If they decide any of this was illegal or unconstitutional I"m sure the "innocent" will file their law suits as I mentioned earlier.

It's all the same mentality with law enforcement. They use arresting people to push their own agendas, as leverage.

You think they aren't trying to suck info out of all those Waco people they arrested. That's why they blanket arrest people.

My brother and I got stopped when we were younger "they" flagged us for having what "they" consider an excessive amount of guns. I had a friend get arrested about a year later and a gung-ho detective tried to cut a deal with him in exchange for info on my family.

Two young 20 some things... shot 4H, competive skeet, trap, ect, hunt... they flag us then try to take advantage of another person to get info.

TB, do you honestly think that is what our law enforcement system was designed for? Do you feel safer... I dont.

I am not saying that all law enforcement is bad. There are good officers, I know them too. The system is broken and the good guys are being out numbered.

... and when they hand out laptops at school. Ask you self if you trust your school officials knowing every move your family makes. They are watching them... and you. It just happened in major school district. Cops and administrators pulling a kids laptop up to track the kid and it's parents.

I know I probably sound crazy but between having guns pulled on me, cops treating me like a criminal at every turn, harassing my friend for knowing me... my faith in the system in gone. Just for the few years I have been around I have seen cops abuse their power to much already. I have at least a dozen more stories of people being harassed and physically abused by cops. It's too much already.

Latest posts