Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":1d5r6ket said:
Son of Butch":1d5r6ket said:
Associated press reported this week that 4 of the 9 killed at Twin Peaks in Waco were killed by bullets from police rifles.
First trial set for Feb 29 postponed to April 1st. District Attorney Abel Renya asked judge to seal documents from public
disclosure and requested a continuance,
according to his motion, analyses of ballistic and dna evidence could take up to a year.

Wasn't the grand jury according to this.

If the records were sealed how does the AP know that?

slick4591":2sj9a5ry said:
Brute 23":2sj9a5ry said:
Son of Butch":2sj9a5ry said:
Associated press reported this week that 4 of the 9 killed at Twin Peaks in Waco were killed by bullets from police rifles.
First trial set for Feb 29 postponed to April 1st. District Attorney Abel Renya asked judge to seal documents from public
disclosure and requested a continuance,
according to his motion, analyses of ballistic and dna evidence could take up to a year.

Wasn't the grand jury according to this.

If the records were sealed how does the AP know that?

It doesn't say they were sealed... just says he asked them to be

My mistake. They way y'all were bring up the sealed records I figured I must have missed the fact that they actually were sealed. At this point, and unless the rules have changed, there's only a certain amount of information that is public, and I'm sure all that has been released.

Has any crime, hostage situation, terrorist attack or property takeover ever been solved on CT?? Got a lot of wanna be experts on here. :shock:

TexasBred":os5brj7l said:
Has any crime, hostage situation, terrorist attack or property takeover ever been solved on CT?? Got a lot of wanna be experts on here. :shock:

I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out why one of my cows was limping two weeks ago. She's not limping today but I'm wondering if I shouldn't give her a shot or something. Or maybe give her a drench. Or maybe call the vet. Probably best to stick her with a bunch of meds before I call the vet I think. ;-)

TexasBred":3cy3aisa said:

No nothing been solved. But it's not due to a lack of trying... :cboy:

fenceman":ogxvugbp said:
TexasBred":ogxvugbp said:

I was thinking that Oregon thread was pretty close to getting things worked out and the government put in their place.

I'm not trying to solve anything. You can't solve things when you don't have all the info and will never have it.

The govt, which includes law enforcement, has admitted to with holding info and using the media to manipulate the public. That is a fact. No debate necessary. If you trust what they are saying you are flat out not acknowledging their track record.

fenceman":16h8257t said:
TexasBred":16h8257t said:

You meant to say "not due to lack of talking about it".

Brute 23":3fc34jhv said:
I'm not trying to solve anything. You can't solve things when you don't have all the info and will never have it.

The govt, which includes law enforcement, has admitted to with holding info and using the media to manipulate the public. That is a fact. No debate necessary. If you trust what they are saying you are flat out not acknowledging their track record.
Exactly regardless of which side you're listening to. One tells you what they want you to hear. The other side sits around picking at straws from small bits of information made available thinking they have found a complete solution to the situation and that solution is usually to disregard all laws except those they personally believe in and otherwise do as they please as if they are immune. We can't have it both ways.

TexasBred":21peew5r said:
fenceman":21peew5r said:
TexasBred":21peew5r said:

You meant to say "not due to lack of talking about it".

:lol2: no sir. I meant to say what I said. I might should of said what you said, but I said what I meant to say.

Jogeephus":14lw0ua4 said:
TexasBred":14lw0ua4 said:

I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out why one of my cows was limping two weeks ago. She's not limping today but I'm wondering if I shouldn't give her a shot or something. Or maybe give her a drench. Or maybe call the vet. Probably best to stick her with a bunch of meds before I call the vet I think. ;-)
Joe whatever you do don't call the vet. Sit down and watch her and make a diagnosis. Probably just some sort of virus. A buttload of antibiotics always takes care of a virus. And if not that it could be IBR. Vaccinate her real quick. The vet (the qualified one) will simply fix her and send you a bill.

TexasBred":2kynwpmv said:
Probably just some sort of virus. A buttload of antibiotics always takes care of a virus. And if not that it could be IBR. Vaccinate her real quick.

That's what I figured. And when you say vaccinate her you do mean intravenously don't you? :cowboy:

TexasBred":261qqm7i said:
Jogeephus":261qqm7i said:
TexasBred":261qqm7i said:

Joe whatever you do don't call the vet. Sit down and watch her and make a diagnosis. Probably just some sort of virus. A buttload of antibiotics always takes care of a virus. And if not that it could be IBR. Vaccinate her real quick. The vet (the qualified one) will simply fix her and send you a bill.

He'll send a bill wether he fixes her or not.

Brute 23":uj75t9wu said:

I prefer debates from this side of the jail cell anyway.

Those Color Guard riders who showed up in the parking lot about the time it was all over went to jail right along with the others. Wrong place at the right time it seems.

fenceman":2ailpwgb said:
He'll send a bill wether he fixes her or not.

You bet he will. But that's what happens when the most qualified person is the last one you call after all else has failed.

I know I'm old, but it's simple to me. Don't hangout in situations that could be considered badly by law enforcement . As my 93 year old Dad says, " you play with a turd, you'll get shyt on your fingers"!

Latest posts