Hey Texans - Whatever happened with Twin Peaks?

Help Support CattleToday:

The truth generally lies in the middle.
I believe there was some real criminals here. But some that were not.
The swat team did a good job. With no civilian casualties. But the investigation and roundup of everyone there was a huge mistake by police.
Everyone makes mistakes. If law enforcement would just come out when they do and say we screwed up and were sorry instead of trying to cover things up. I believe most people would appreciate that over being lied to.

callmefence":2c1hwlyt said:
The truth generally lies in the middle.
I believe there was some real criminals here. But some that were not.
The swat team did a good job. With no civilian casualties. But the investigation and roundup of everyone there was a huge mistake by police.
Everyone makes mistakes. If law enforcement would just come out when they do and say we screwed up and were sorry instead of trying to cover things up. I believe most people would appreciate that over being lied to.

This post really nails It! Transparency and ownership of mistakes is too infrequent. Does a great deal to violate trust. Not just with LEO, but media, and many other arenas..including healthcare.
I'm certain fear of lawsuits and personal consequences goes a long way to assist with cover ups and rug sweepings.
Being a LEO in today's climate rates right up there with being a mom as one of the most challenging occupations/vocations. High risk on many levels for low reward.(LEO, not mom).

I see it a little differently as everyone there is either a suspect or witness. Either way they need to be identified and their role established, whatever that be.

Not my job... but common sense would say...
If no evidence to suspect someone in a public place of a crime then they were just possible witnesses.
Not everyone in any given location is even a witness.

Brute 23":3s9nyd14 said:
slick4591":3s9nyd14 said:
Do you know which ones were only witnesses?

The ones the officers can't prove are guilty. What's that old timey saying... innocent until proven guilty.
Not anymore, it's your guilty till you can prove yourself innocent. Most street cops are richards and hard to deal with if there under 30. Once a cop gets that macho knocked off them there alright.

There are way too many checks and balances to go thru before a case get to a courtroom. And Son of Butch, the law is not based on common since. :lol:

If I lived in McLennan county I'd be upset with them wasting my tax money. Looks like that crooked DA is going to face a strong competition in the primary. McLennan county and Waco PD screwed this from day 1. This was supposed to be one of their strongest cases wonder what will happen with the rest of them. What I am looking forward to is the civil cases the innocent people bring against the county and Waco for ruining people's lives.

wacocowboy":24swcg13 said:
If I lived in McLennan county I'd be upset with them wasting my tax money. Looks like that crooked DA is going to face a strong competition in the primary. McLennan county and Waco PD screwed this from day 1. This was supposed to be one of their strongest cases wonder what will happen with the rest of them. What I am looking forward to is the civil cases the innocent people bring against the county and Waco for ruining people's lives.
Just my opinion but whether guilty or not looks like most of these sob's need to "get a life".

TexasBred":24h7cogg said:
wacocowboy":24h7cogg said:
Just my opinion but whether guilty or not looks like most of these sob's need to "get a life".
You mean theres more to life than hanging around a tattoo parlor?

TexasBred":1kz94hne said:
wacocowboy":1kz94hne said:

There were a lot of weekend riders at that place people who have regular jobs and just ride for fun. A lot of those people were also arrested and some lost their jobs while sitting in jail. Some of those people are the ones having to spend a lot of money defending themselves from McLennan counties over zealous prosecution. Don't get me wrong there are some guilty people in the mix and they are scum but local LE screwed up the investigation and just did a mass arrest every one is guilty just because you were there.

wacocowboy":2fjh4gnx said:
TexasBred":2fjh4gnx said:
wacocowboy":2fjh4gnx said:

There were a lot of weekend riders at that place people who have regular jobs and just ride for fun. A lot of those people were also arrested and some lost their jobs while sitting in jail. Some of those people are the ones having to spend a lot of money defending themselves from McLennan counties over zealous prosecution. Don't get me wrong there are some guilty people in the mix and they are scum but local LE screwed up the investigation and just did a mass arrest every one is guilty just because you were there.
Play with shyt enough you're bound to get some on you. :nod: Weekend riders you'd think would have enough intelligence to stay away from the national motorcycle gang members, especially at their "business meetings". Business....get it???

TexasBred":12maxmrx said:
wacocowboy":12maxmrx said:
TexasBred":12maxmrx said:

Play with shyt enough you're bound to get some on you. :nod: Weekend riders you'd think would have enough intelligence to stay away from the national motorcycle gang members, especially at their "business meetings". Business....get it???

From what I was told by someone that rides in a Christian bike group it was supposed to be a safety meeting.

wacocowboy":3i00iod7 said:
TexasBred":3i00iod7 said:
wacocowboy":3i00iod7 said:

From what I was told by someone that rides in a Christian bike group it was supposed to be a safety meeting.
Yep...Banditos are famous for their mandatory safety meetings.

Latest posts