Heritage manufacturing 22lr/22 mag

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I bought one today. It was only $180. Only got to shoot about a half of box shells through it. It seemed pretty accurate to me. My little boot gun is the only pistol I have shot very much though. It'd be hard to hit a storm door with it from 10 paces. I think I like the heritage. Pretty heavy actually. It also has a safety. I can't remember ever seeing that on a single action. im sure it's junk to somebody that knows guns, but I like it.

See lots of them around, I thought they looked ok. Never paid any attention to it having a safety, unusual for a revolver. You buy it in Powderly?

True Grit Farms":3d5o9bkr said:
They seem like a decent pistol Bigfoot. And for the money they can't be beat.

Everyone needs a single action 22 - 22mag.

Sweet gun. I'm thinking about leaving mine on my 4 wheeler though. I'd hate to do that with a nice gun like that.

If you decide to put it on the 4 wheeler you will sacrifice the looks.
I carried a Henry 22 mag lever action for years. The rifle still shoots great
looks like heII. It is in the barn right now just due to the lack of mag ammo around here.

I thought about putting the gun, and holster in a 1 gallon ziplock bag with a bunch of descants. Think that would save it a little? Got a better method? I've got a milk crate zip tied on the front rack (pretty handy it holds a 5 gallon bucket of feed perfectly). The holster is zip tied to the side of it, with the gun in it. The shed the 4 wheeler sits in is open sided, so lots of moisture. No direct rain of course, but if the moisture in the air is high, then it is the shed to.

Bigfoot":8ph1j2qg said:
I thought about putting the gun, and holster in a 1 gallon ziplock bag with a bunch of descants. Think that would save it a little? Got a better method? I've got a milk crate zip tied on the front rack (pretty handy it holds a 5 gallon bucket of feed perfectly). The holster is zip tied to the side of it, with the gun in it. The shed the 4 wheeler sits in is open sided, so lots of moisture. No direct rain of course, but if the moisture in the air is high, then it is the shed to.

My shed is closed the riding around on an ATV is a rough environment, it is in the elements with you.
Have to break the rifle down and clean it quite often just lots of dirt from the ATV works in.
Now that rifle has dispatched more unwanted critters than any other because it was with me all
the time on the mule.

I had a shotgun on it, but it was in the way. I have moved it to the ropd on my tractor. It's too late for it, already rusted up bad, so I spray painted it.

Caustic Burno":2vlo2vq2 said:
If you decide to put it on the 4 wheeler you will sacrifice the looks.
I carried a Henry 22 mag lever action for years. The rifle still shoots great
looks like heII. It is in the barn right now just due to the lack of mag ammo around here.

I 've got the same rifle cb, probably my favorite gun. Looks like somebody's been driving tpost with it , but it'll drive tacks if you know how to shoot it (back sights broke off) been the end of many a pig. .

I've had one for about a year. I really bought it for the kids to learn how to handle a handgun - they like shooting it. I like it, too- I carry it on the gator, in a soft side case, in the glove box. Don't leave it there, though - it has it's own hiding place in the house.

Latest posts