Old .22 Rifle

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I picked up this old 22 I thought it was kind of neat. I don't see a brand on it, it does have a symbol stamped on it that a lot of Belgium made guns have and a ser.# 027
Anyone seen one like it or know anything about it??

Search the net for 220 rook rifles. 220 cause that's the brit designation for 22
I'm sure you looked under all of the wood for a makers mark
I would also double check the chamber dimentions

Nice old rifle.. I have a really old Cooey that drives tacks.. single shot so slow to reload, but you can do alright if you get the hang of it

You have the common Pieper or Flobert parlor rifle. Old/cheap parlor rifles from Belgium, generally no makers name or proof marks. Designed for blackpowder rounds. Your rifle is probably a .22 caliber rimfire but the chamber is probably a CB/short and will not accept a 22 long. Originally designed for a 22 round with just a primer and a lead ball. These Pieper and Flobert rifles are not the strongest actions w/soft metal. Shooting one is risky at best. Stick with CB's if you do try to shoot it. Whatever you do, do not put a high velocity round in it. Usually the rim area will blow out and you have a face full of powder and brass.

rla442":2jh0juoq said:
You have the common Pieper or Flobert parlor rifle. Old/cheap parlor rifles from Belgium, generally no makers name or proof marks. Designed for blackpowder rounds. Your rifle is probably a .22 caliber rimfire but the chamber is probably a CB/short and will not accept a 22 long. Originally designed for a 22 round with just a primer and a lead ball. These Pieper and Flobert rifles are not the strongest actions w/soft metal. Shooting one is risky at best. Stick with CB's if you do try to shoot it. Whatever you do, do not put a high velocity round in it. Usually the rim area will blow out and you have a face full of powder and brass.
not in my plans to shoot it, I just bought three old guns off of a man this was one of them the other 2 are in good condition, one is a Rem. mod 11-48 16ga. and a Rem. mod10 12ga. I don't have a clue what they are worth , I may have got took on the deal for all I know ???? I gave him 50.00 each for the three 150.00 total for all three ??? I did shoot the other two.

rla442":1ylw1019 said:
I thought it might be a flobert, that's why mentioned the chamber dimensions

just looking at it I guess its what they call a rolling block ?? but looks as if the firing pin is missing. but if it had a firing pin looks like it would be a center fire rather than rim ????? like I said I just thought it looked kind of neat , planning on fixing it over the fire place some day if I ever get the time.

The .22 LR cartridge is sort of a hundred and sixty years recent, having 1st been factory-made in 1858. to place that in context, on Gregorian calendar month sixteen of that year, President Abraham Lincoln gave his "House Divided" speech at the State Capitol in Springfield, Illinois on receptive the Republican nomination for a seat within the U.S. Senate.

kenny thomas":edgc8orq said:
The Remington 11-48 16 ga is worth double what you gave for them all.
The model 10 is probably worth 250+ if in good condition.

I haven't seen a good Model 10 in years wasn't that many of them made compared to some other models in the same period.

Caustic Burno":26dorxg5 said:
kenny thomas":26dorxg5 said:

I haven't seen a good Model 10 in years wasn't that many of them made compared to some other models in the same period.
we have used the mod 10 ,my sons a lefty, he used it some it ejects out the bottom so it worked better for him

BRYANT":30kna41t said:
Caustic Burno":30kna41t said:
kenny thomas":30kna41t said:

we have used the mod 10 ,my sons a lefty, he used it some it ejects out the bottom so it worked better for him

That was a Pederson design he rivaled Browning back in the day.

BRYANT":22th5h7a said:
I picked up this old 22 I thought it was kind of neat. I don't see a brand on it, it does have a symbol stamped on it that a lot of Belgium made guns have and a ser.# 027
Anyone seen one like it or know anything about it??

I like it. Good buy on them