Hereford Heifer Photos

Help Support CattleToday:

I like 35L better as well. All the heifers I purchased were by 35L. Unfortunately I just heard from the breeder that 35L got himself stuck in a wash and they had to dig for two hours to get him out. In the process, he hurt his hip and may have to be shipped.

18L (the other bull) has a smaller frame score and larger spring of rib but I don't think he is as smoothly put together as 35L. I also felt that 35L held his condition better through the winter.

35L is probaby a frame score 7 while 18L is about a 5.5.

Here's another photo of 35L
photo2.jpg

jhambley":12hv4fgb said:
I like 35L better as well. All the heifers I purchased were by 35L. Unfortunately I just heard from the breeder that 35L got himself stuck in a wash and they had to dig for two hours to get him out. In the process, he hurt his hip and may have to be shipped.

18L (the other bull) has a smaller frame score and larger spring of rib but I don't think he is as smoothly put together as 35L. I also felt that 35L held his condition better through the winter.

35L is probaby a frame score 7 while 18L is about a 5.5.

Here's another photo of 35L
photo2.jpg

Boy that is a shame about the 35L bull. It looked like the 18L was a small frame bull. He kinda had a dwarf look to his head, but still a good thick animal

18L is a pretty good sized bull. Here is a photo with Sandy standing next to him. I'm guessing Sandy stands about 5'-8".

grass4.jpg

jhambley":u74mth1o said:
18L is a pretty good sized bull. Here is a photo with Sandy standing next to him. I'm guessing Sandy stands about 5'-8".

I figured he was decent size based on the fence shot, but that straight on angle made his head/snout look very short. From the side he looks fine.

..of course Sandy could be 4' tall too... :lol:

jhambley":2bm75pdk said:
Bez,

Here is a photo of him coming out of the winter taken just a few months before the photo shown previously. He was gazing pasture forage only all winter.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Jerry

grass3.jpg
Jerry, are these registered seedstock cattle? If so, what are the bloodlines? Thanks! :cboy:

Latest posts