Hereford heifer - fire away!

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
This heifer was born 17 June 2008, weighed 570kg last Friday, forage only diet, although she had the best pasture available at my place to make sure she stays in condition. She'll most likely be in my showstring for our provincial championship in September. By then she'll have a calf at side, but will still be a junior.
IMG_5942.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5930.jpg

This has nothing to do with the heifer, but I thought this photo captured my right hand man's personality so well that I had to share it.
IMG_5959.jpg

CosgrayHerefords":3nqzwq40 said:
Nice Heifer! Whst's her pedigree?

My own breeding on the bottom half, AI sired out of my main AI sire, goes back to GK Renegade 6 generations back.

I LOVE HER!!! She is picture perfect - no matter what color you made her.
Do YOU like her head? I love her face - nice & long & feminine.
The front view says it all - tons of volume, wide back & all four planted squarely under her. --- nice!!! :tiphat:
Photos captured her beautifully.
So - is that Knersie??? That little ball of energy & muscle is "ready to go"! Nice specimin of a Jack.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":lx2npmwd said:
I LOVE HER!!! She is picture perfect - no matter what color you made her.
Do YOU like her head? I love her face - nice & long & feminine.
The front view says it all - tons of volume, wide back & all four planted squarely under her. --- nice!!! :tiphat:
Photos captured her beautifully.
So - is that Knersie??? That little ball of energy & muscle is "ready to go"! Nice specimin of a Jack.

Thanks, Jeanne, her head is good enough, not great though. Her eyeset isn't as good as I would have liked and her lashes is just average, but overall I think she's a pretty decent and very growthy heifer for my herd.

Yes that is Knersie, he was keeping a close eye on some cattle egrets.

rocket2222":2ad6sfx9 said:
Super nice heifer Harley, :clap: :tiphat: Knersie looks like he's not missed any meals lately, good looking dog.

Thanks Paul, he isn't quite as fat as he looks in this photo, but he is getting a little middle age spread just like his boss.

I need some of your forage! Wow nice heifer! Only thing I would do would be to clean up her front just a pinch. Super nice.

Roan":23vrwxvw said:
I need some of your forage! Wow nice heifer! Only thing I would do would be to clean up her front just a pinch. Super nice.

Carefull what you wish for...

What functional purpose would it serve to "clean up" her front end?

KNERSIE":1ipejs2b said:
What functional purpose would it serve to "clean up" her front end?
:lol: :lol: See! I didn't make that comment this time! Am I wrong or is she cleaner fronted than some you've posted pictures of in the past? Once she calves, I'm betting she's going to be pretty trim up front.

George

Knersie,

I am not an experienced judge of cattle by any means, as you know. The heifer may be ideal in many ways and perfect for your grazing conditions.

However to me and my system objectives she looks a bit tall and rangy in the rear - maybe just the way she's standing. I had a couple tall ones calves processed and they had noticeably more bone than the shorter, thicker ones. The carcass left a higher percent of boneless beef in the box on the shorter ones than the taller, rangier ones. Your heifer sure is nice and wide. Tremendous capacity.

I am looking for shorter cattle but that may be just me. Jmho.

Jim

Really nice thick, correct heifer Knersie... I want a pasture full just like her! My congratulations!

I like her topline, I like her tailset, I like her width and bone, and she's very feminine even with all that!

Can't beat a good lookin' red 'n' white cow, and nothing cuter than a herf calf! (JMO of course!)

:tiphat:

Beautiful heifer!! What frame size do you exoect her to be at maturity?

Cute dog as well. I feel exhausted just looking at a Jack Russell Terrier. I wish I had their energy.

Andrew

The first thing that caught my eye on your heifer was her legs, is it just me or are they perfect..

The pic of Knersie is adorable, what a good looking dog he is. Very photogenic as well.. :D

That's a super nice heifer, jeez does she have some volume! As far as showing her, those side pictures make the shoulder look.....well, somehow less than ideal, can't come up with the "show speak" to explain it, tho. In that climate, I wouldn't want her any "cleaner" in the front than she is either, the dewlap is a major heat exchanger is it not?

Your little sidekick looks like he has a lot of personality. Love the one ear up, one ear down look!

Very nice heifer. IMO I don't think she's got too much leather up front, but she could maybe be a little cleaner in more of the jaw/throat area, and that might change after she calves.

Love the pup!