Hereford experts

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
I would be interested in what a couple strong registered hereford momma cows would cost. Polled or horned would be ok. I am talking about a bred cow/heifer for future AI. Hopes of getting a bull or two along the way.

If you find a source you feel comfortable with holler at me. I'll be looking too.

TennesseeTuxedo":11v25h8g said:
We have member here on Cattle Today with excellent stock. Try mrvictordomino.

Tenn has a good suggestion, but there is more than just his great suggestion here, HerefordUs Ned Jr., hereford76, Knersie (although he lives In a third world country :D , but still as good as Hereford guys come). I know I'm still missing some but they are here and I my not have some names as correct as needed because of spaces, punctuation, ect., but I'm close.

To answer your question, I feel confident that you could buy a bred cow or bred heifer for between 2k to 3k and up. Depending on what you consider "good" to be.

Alan

Alan":1uxh7od9 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1uxh7od9 said:
We have member here on Cattle Today with excellent stock. Try mrvictordomino.

Tenn has a good suggestion, but there is more than just his great suggestion here, HerefordUs Ned Jr., hereford76, Knersie (although he lives In a third world country :D , but still as good as Hereford guys come). I know I'm still missing some but they are here and I my not have some names as correct as needed because of spaces, punctuation, ect., but I'm close.

To answer your question, I feel confident that you could buy a bred cow or bred heifer for between 2k to 3k and up. Depending on what you consider "good" to be.

Alan
While I do appreciate the complements, Alan has some great suggestions as these folks are very knowledgeable and would be a great source for Hereford cattle. As for midtncattle's question, unless one would just like to have a small number of Hereford cattle around, I would not go to the expense of having a couple cows to raise bulls from, mainly because you have a real good chance that they could have heifers and you would still be looking for bulls. Not all bull calves make bulls either. I believe it would be much more cost efficient if one could find a good reliable source where the selection has been made, bulls developed, and ready to turn out, whoever and wherever they may be. (Not against anyone wanting to have a little project on the side, just could be more costly)
DM

I have seen mrvictordominos cattle and you won't find very many Hereford cattle better or more consistent than what he has.

Good point mrvictordomino, used kinda wondering about price for females. I see bull prices frequently and just wondered about female prices.

midtncattle":2evnyke3 said:
You guys lost me. Fill me in please.

"Mrvictordomino" is the owner at JMS Polled Herefords. Real nice cattle... Sells bulls and his website said he had some open heifers for sale this summer. I guess he'll let us know if he sold out.

I would suggest Deewalls. I would believe they are large enough to be commercially acceptable and still have some traditional qualities. Good thickness and flesh.

If you are on dirty fescue then buy from fescue unless you are willing to wait out the adapting.

Latest posts