Hereford Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordMan

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

So, what was your alls favorite Hereford bull in Denver this year? I think that I am going to use LaGrand Reload 80P ET and SR CG Hard Rock 5073 this year. Also, I really would like to purchase a good hereford bull this year and heading to K&B Herefords to find one.

P.S. I think that I am going to use that STAR Bright Future bull as well. Looked pretty impressive.

HerefordMan":3787okwl said:
Dear Friends,

So, what was your alls favorite Hereford bull in Denver this year? I think that I am going to use LaGrand Reload 80P ET and SR CG Hard Rock 5073 this year. Also, I really would like to purchase a good hereford bull this year and heading to K&B Herefords to find one.

P.S. I think that I am going to use that STAR Bright Future bull as well. Looked pretty impressive.

You remind me of someone.

I liked the Bright Future bull more then I did reload not trying to take anything away from him but when a bull can weight more then 2600 ponds and still move like bright future did I have to appreciate that. I really liked the hard rock bull but he was a little coarser shouldered and kind of pinched in the heart but that is getting critical, I am also not a big fan of Hard Drive or Wide Load but those two bulls defiantly make up for some of what they didn't have in my very humble opinion.

Ballgame23 said:
I liked the Bright Future bull more then I did reload

I agree with you reload didn't have the performance Bright Future did but not to take away from reload his son that won calf champion I think High Cotton was real impressive to me. Also watch that Hard Rocks Brith EPD a little high with no accuracy. The breeding of him isn't my favorite either but I did think that bull looked the best

I was thinking the same thing.

The High Cotton bull's mother was at the Iowa State Fair a year or two ago, she had a TERRIBLE udder and she was a first calf heifer.

I love our Reload steers, will be hitting the show circuit soon.

Chris H":2s9u7lhk said:
HerefordMan":2s9u7lhk said:
Dear Friends,

Take Care :cboy:

The High Cotton bull's mother was at the Iowa State Fair a year or two ago, she had a TERRIBLE udder and she was a first calf heifer.

That is real good to know thanks for sharing I am not real familar with the breeder so I would have looked into that bull a little more I just thought he looked real good at the time

Chris H":1betg6jv said:
HerefordMan":1betg6jv said:
Dear Friends,

Yeah,Me too. Time will tell.

H-m-m-m-m- - Yes -- in the dim, dark recesses of my memory, he does remind me of someone! :roll: :help: :? Hmmm - I wonder!? Naw - it couldn't be - - :shock: Say it isn't so!!

DOC HARRIS

Who are you all talking about when you all state that you ahve heard of me before? I don't know what your all talking about. Who do I sound like? I just started messaging the other day. I thought it would be fun!

I really like that Reload bull and Hard Rock bull. I also like Bright Future and I had him picked as Grand Champion bull overall. I thought to myself that Bright Future had more performance to him than Reload. Hard Rock I think was the better bull and that Reload should not have been what he was.

But, Reload, Hard Rock, and Bright Future all looked really good.

Chris H":3b2hqypy said:
HerefordMan":3b2hqypy said:
Dear Friends,

nahhhhhhhh, can't be :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

please say it isn't so :help:

HerefordMan
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:12 am Post subject: Hereford Bull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

I live about 20 miles from K&B Herefords. Good people. I hope to see you there.

Brian

The word in Denver, was that he(HCF, 100%, etc.)needed to change his identity. Sounds like a few lawsuits and possibly criminal charges are on his mind right now.

Sounds like this guy really did some bad things. I remember seeing an ad once or twice in the Hereford World about a bull named Red Oak. That is about all. It sounded like he had his head on straight.

I am going to look up HCF on the Hereford website and find out what his telephone number is. I want to talk to this person.

HerefordMan":3exb6ar1 said:
Sounds like this guy really did some bad things. I remember seeing an ad once or twice in the Hereford World about a bull named Red Oak. That is about all. It sounded like he had his head on straight.

;-) How did you link HCF to Red Oak? :roll:

Chris H":1t46bnjp said:
HerefordMan":1t46bnjp said:
Dear Friends,

You're right Chris. Hill Creek Farms showed up as posting to this thread at 5:04 but when clicking on it, it showed "This Post Does Not Exist".

Some wires must've gotten crossed in cyberland.

I saw it myself. It said "Hill Creek Farms". :lol:

Hello everyone. Ok, to answer your question about how I linked Red Oak to HCF, because there was a ad in the Hereford World about Red Oak and at the bottom of the page, there was the letters HCF, or Hill Creek Farm.

Ok, the conversation that I had this aftenoon with Mr. Frye was fanatstic! I really liek him and he sounds liek he knows what he is doing. He isn't in any type of lawsuit and that he isn't in any trouble. He states that he would one day like to start up again.

HCF states that he will be moving, where to whos knows. He said that he is moving west, but didn't go in specific where abouts. I would like to know where he is heading.

Then we talked about the Super Bowl and said that he is rooting for the Colts to win the Super Bowl. He said that he is a big Green Bay Packers fan and also a Washington Redskins fan.

He gave me some good hints about the Hereford breed about what bulls would work well and what bloodlines to stay away from. This conversation lasted about 30 minutes and then he said that if I ever got to Virginia with in two months, to stop by and see him. He is always interested in talking Herefords.

Another thing is, he said that he never owned any Angus in his life and said that he was going to, but didn't.

MikeC, why for some reason do you think that I am HCF? It would be nice to have what he had and to own what he has. I am wanting to go east and see this place he calls, home. I want to see these cattle and I want to see his farm. I also want to see this place here in the west where he is locating.

Hill Creek Farms or whatever you all must call him was nice to me on the phone and that he is a very nice person.

I am glad I got to know him. I am going to give some other Hereford breeders some phoen calls and see if they have ever worked with him.

HerefordMan":17d87eoa said:
MikeC, why for some reason do you think that I am HCF? It would be nice to have what he had and to own what he has. I am wanting to go east and see this place he calls, home. I want to see these cattle and I want to see his farm. I also want to see this place here in the west where he is locating.

Hill Creek Farms or whatever you all must call him was nice to me on the phone and that he is a very nice person.

I am glad I got to know him. I am going to give some other Hereford breeders some phoen calls and see if they have ever worked with him.

I don't have a clue who you are. But I SAW

HILL CREEK FARM as having posted a message to this thread just a few minutes ago. When I clicked on the message I got a box that said. This post/topic does not exist. Something to that effect.

Are YOU pulling for the Colts? Are YOU a Packers and Redskins fan? :lol: :lol: