Here we go

Help Support CattleToday:

Cypress,
Good to hear from you!!!! Even if just say hello...just remember we ALL continue to think of you and keep you in our prayers....hope to see the day soon when you'll be back on the boards and feeling better. Hugs to you and yours..

Glad to hear you are on the mend, and hope to see you up and about posting on the boards back to your old self real soon. Take care :heart: Chrisy

Glad to hear your doing well. I know what your going through. When I was 6 years old I was diagnosed with cancer. After a year of treatments I thought I was in the clear but the damn stuff came back the next year. I spent 2 years in the hospital until I got a bone arrow treatment. Everything after that was clear sailing until about 4 years ago. I was rushed into hospital again because my heart had a major short in its wiring. But like Joe said, have a positive out look at everything and you will make it through.

My dad just went through chemo, radiation and surgery (5 weeks ago) for cancer similiar to yours. He is very discouraged some days, and often feels like he is burdening to those who care for him ~ namely my sister.

I wish he understood how much it means to her that she is able to do this for him. It helps those who love you to be doing something to actively participate in your healing process. It reduces the feeling of helplessness. They don't have the skill to heal you, but they can do something :nod: . When you love someone, and care about them it is not just a pleasure to be there to help in whatever way you can ~ it is a need. You see? Let your people help you without feeling bad. It is as much for them as it is for you.

As for eating, I know he too is looking forward to "real" food. He has always LOVED banana flavored ice cream (ish!), and now says if he never eats it again it will be too soon! :lol2: Glad to hear you are feeling better some, and we are looking forward to hearing of your progress!

so glad that your on the last leg of your treatments.i feel for you not beiong able to eat.but hang in there youll get to eat that big steak soon.

Last Update Hopefully:

Well, for those that care, I've completed the radiation and 4 courses of chemo. The most recent PET exam shows that there is no signs of cancer left. The doctors say that I wont have to take the 5th chemo as long as the PET tests remain clear. So 6 months from the beginning of this ordeal it seems that I'm coming out of it. Unfortunately, I still can't eat solid foods yet, but it'll happen. Thanks again to everyone who sent messages of support - they really help whenever you start feeling low. Now, hopefully, I can continue with my normal boring life treasuring the kids and the wife that much more.

I got calves to sell now, what's the price like :cboy:

Great news buddy. I know that report has got to energize you and give you a lot to look forward to. Take it easy, smell the roses and enjoy the "liquid meals". ;-) Steak and taters are just around the corner. :lol2:

cypressfarms":1rjr1dx3 said:

:p About like checking the rain guage lately. :( Neither are very promising.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

I've been wondering about you a lot lately. Please don't take so long between visits in the future.

cfpinz":39x4fp3t said:
I've been wondering about you a lot lately. Please don't take so long between visits in the future.

Cf,

I don't intend to. I'm finally to the point to where I'm actually feeling good like my "old" self. It took 6 months, but it's nice not to feel bad every day. I've started to think about the cows, horses, and other stuff - so I guess things are starting to settle back down.

cypressfarms":38f5gy20 said:
Last Update Hopefully:

Well, for those that care, I've completed the radiation and 4 courses of chemo. The most recent PET exam shows that there is no signs of cancer left. The doctors say that I wont have to take the 5th chemo as long as the PET tests remain clear. So 6 months from the beginning of this ordeal it seems that I'm coming out of it. Unfortunately, I still can't eat solid foods yet, but it'll happen. Thanks again to everyone who sent messages of support - they really help whenever you start feeling low. Now, hopefully, I can continue with my normal boring life treasuring the kids and the wife that much more.

Well, the good news is your progress! :banana:
Why did you have to bring the calf market in to this? :hat:

Good news at last. Take it slow and easy till you get your strength back. Just takes time. Peace be with you.
Tom.

Latest posts