Here we go

Help Support CattleToday:

That is good news Cypress. I'm sure it's been a long hard road, but glad to hear you're doing better.

Larry

Been checking the boards and wondering and hoping.
Great that your first post back is good news.
I'll keep pulling for you just the same though.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

great news Cypress. glad to hear you are getting back to normal.

edit: just saw a post about longhorns?

Beefy":3chq9h3i said:

Me too Cypress, I am so glad to hear a happy result.. :clap:

Beefy, I think the LH's might be a side effect from the radiation and chemo.. :help: Just Kidding Cypress, what ever you decide I have no doubt in your ability to make it work well for you.. :) Glad you are well the way back to tip top condition.. :tiphat:

Beefy":38i3b764 said:

Beefy,

One side affect of all of this cancer stuff is that I have WAY too much time on my hands to think about everything conceivable. Yes longhorns; thinking of buying 10 or 12 heifers and cross them with a beef bull. I'm down to one bull now on my place, so I need another - maybe a charolais???

Last Update:

Well I figured I finally have this thing beat. I've had my second "clear" PET exam showing no cancer. I've also started back to eating, and just ate three pieces of pizza with my girls. This week I finally gained 1 pound. Seems minor, but after losing 30 pounds gaining is reason to celebrate. I'm only 5'6" - losing 30 pounds when your 5'6" is a bunch. Friends have been making Ethiopian jokes about me. Just turned 40 this past week, and I feel lucky for the first time in a while.

Things learned over the last 7 months:

-I'm very fortunate, there are a lot of people that have it way worse than me.
-I never realized before what was really important in life.
-patience
-this illness has actually seperated my wife and I some (I never would have dreamed that)
-My community is much more compassionate than I thought.
-I have plenty of genuine friends on the CT board!

So thank you to my friends on the CT board. Although we all have different opinions, and occasionaly fire back and forth, a bunch of you have really made me feel better with words of support. I can't explain how nice it makes a person feel when you've been puking all day and feel like crap - but when you open up the computer you see a message in your "in" box.
:wave: :wave: :wave:

That's really good news there Cyprus, and that you seem to have beat that dreaded big C. What you say about your, wife I'm sure it will be a temporary thing as this sort of illness is a stain on all that is around it. Good Luck in the getting fatter field but don't go to far the other way eh! hope to see you around on the boards, take care love coming all the way from England to ya......Chris

Great news on the clear PET! Congratulations! Take good care of yourself and don't let your guard down, stay healthy! Enjoy them Longhorns! :clap: ;-)

so glad to hear that you got a good report.an that your able to eat solid foods.an gaining back some of the weight you lost.sorry that its put a strain you an your wifes relationship.hopfully that will get better soon.

Good to hear you are getting better. It will take some time to get back up to speed. I remember when I was very ill. Given two years to live with Cancer. Kathy had to take over all family business and care for me aswell. The load was very hard for her. The future did not look so bright for us. I think it has been much harder on her than it was on me. You get well and she will become her old self again. God bless all of you.
Tom.

Good news!! Glad you're better--Amazing how far a good word will go,isn't it..Lots of :heart: and a :banana: to you. :wave: