Here we go

Help Support CattleToday:

I heard that ya aint dead yet so hang in there your young you can get through it.

Man I've been off the boards for a while and was just surfing thru and came across this. I can assure you theres gonna be a ton of Cajuns down the road from you praying for you. You know I'm a short drive away. Call if you need.

as I said before fight fight fight, sorry to hear it is cancer, but a good sence of humour and plenty of laughter, I have heard said it is the best thing for the soul. Your in my prayers each night. keep us posted, and no it is not boring or annoying to hear about how your getting on, it's not hearing that is a bi*ch.

Got some good news yesterday. The PET exam showed that there was NO cancer in my internal organs :banana: :banana: :banana: , so it appears that the cancer is just localized to my throat. I go in Monday to have a port surgically implanted in my chest to feed the chemo into, and another by my stomach to feed myself if I can't swallow once the radiation begins on my throat. Looks like the chemo and radiation will be starting soon, I'm ready to start fighting - I don't like this waiting around while cancer is growing in me. Lets get the fight started!

cypressfarms":cgna2u0g said:
Got some good news yesterday. The PET exam showed that there was NO cancer in my internal organs :banana: :banana: :banana: , so it appears that the cancer is just localized to my throat. I go in Monday to have a port surgically implanted in my chest to feed the chemo into, and another by my stomach to feed myself if I can't swallow once the radiation begins on my throat. Looks like the chemo and radiation will be starting soon, I'm ready to start fighting - I don't like this waiting around while cancer is growing in me. Lets get the fight started!
great news...sure worth dancin' over ;-)

cypressfarms":36twm882 said:
Is all this to be on an outpatient basis?

If it causes problem talking you are lucky because you cajuns talk as much or more with your hands as you do with your mouth.

Of course nobody understands all that gesturing except another cajun.
But when a cajun gets excited talking, nobody understands that either except another cajun.

Ryder":30o45f4z said:
Is all this to be on an outpatient basis?

If it causes problem talking you are lucky because you cajuns talk as much or more with your hands as you do with your mouth.

Of course nobody understands all that gesturing except another cajun.
But when a cajun gets excited talking, nobody understands that either except another cajun.

Yes, this is all supposed to be outpatient. and you're so right; I couldn't talk without my hands. You pegged that one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good news and I am sure you were ready for it. Get in there and fight!

Lammie":7uuxb7zc said:
Get in there and fight!

The fight starts tomorrow. I go in for outpatient surgery today to install a port, and start chemo tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m.

The sooner I start, the sooner I'll beat this thing!

good news cypress. one of my exgirlfriends mom had throat cancer and shes probably in her 50s. got it cut out and did the treatment and is doing well. you got this.

Thought I'd post an update:

I go in for the second round of chemo on Monday morning, and start the third week of radiation Monday as well. The chemo is the real bear so far; makes you want to just crawl in bed and stay there. I've only missed one full day of work, but many of those days I was only there in "body" only.

If everything goes well I'll be finished with the treatments during April. Not too bad, just two more months. I can definitely relate to the crapp feeling that Peg has spoken about.

I still have a piece of advice that Jo sent me written on a piece of paper, and I think of it often. The fight is harder than I expected, but fight I will.

Thanks again for all of the well wishes and pm's. They really do mean a lot.

We will pray for you hear too! Don't work to hard if you can. Give your body a chance to heal, to regain some strength because it is a challenging road you are on.
That sounded so dorky...sorry.
RR

Latest posts