Herdsires

Help Support CattleToday:

There are still plenty of the more 'traditional' framed Shorthorns in South Africa,I saw some really nice herds in the Carnarvon area Cape province. I wonder how the Australians have done in recent years with the Shorthorns. All nice bulls!

mtnman":3w4z477i said:
Coyote:

Registered cattle?

How much does that old cow weigh? She's a tank, but she looks pretty heavy. Frame?

mtnman

Sorry mtnman for not getting back to you sooner. We just moved the cows closer to home to start calving.
I put Robin on the scale and she weighed 1735 lbs (she is calving in a week or so). she is not fat you can still feel her ribs.
She measured 52 1/2 inches tall.
18 inches from the bottom of her belly to the ground.

I've got a few cows like that, they're put up well, raise great calves, but weigh in alot heavier than you'd expect. But how do you cull them for being so heavy when it's al guts and flesh?

purecountry":1j6coud6 said:
I've seen alot better bulls come out of that outfit.

I like him for some reason, can't pinpoint it I can find faults but I like the bull. He is definately the only one that's been posted that I'd use.

Jake":2ensq22v said:
purecountry":2ensq22v said:

I like him for some reason, can't pinpoint it I can find faults but I like the bull. He is definately the only one that's been posted that I'd use.

All breed things aside Jake, are you saying you like that sway-backed Angus bull better than the Shorthorn that Coyote started the thread with?

For phenotype, the Angus bull on this page and the black limo on the first page are 2 bulls that I wouldn't want to use.

I'm was talking with breed playing the influence. It'd be easier for me to market lesser quality black cattle than quality roans.

I really like the bull coyote put up and am very impressed with his shorties. Didn't know there were any left like that. That is definately the best bull for phenotype in the thread. the Gardiner bull is the best for marketability in my area.

Jake":e5bgddqh said:
I'm was talking with breed playing the influence. It'd be easier for me to market lesser quality black cattle than quality roans.

Unfortunately a true statement - sad isn't it?

Bez!

I really like the bull coyote put up and am very impressed with his shorties. Didn't know there were any left like that. That is definately the best bull for phenotype in the thread. the Gardiner bull is the best for marketability in my area.

Bez!":12yf0li4 said:
Jake":12yf0li4 said:

Unfortunately a true statement - sad isn't it?

Bez!

It is somewhat sad but then again, there are two bulls in this thread that catch my eye as something I wouldn't chase a way, it's the shorthorn and the GAR bull. The GAR bull has a look taht I can't define same as the shortie bull does. Just something I see in them and can't say what. I wouldn't breed to either most likely but they are much better than the other animals in this thread

Lombardi of brinks. This is his pretty pic. I will also put a pic of him in working clothes. he is only 13 monthes in this pic
468n10LG.jpg
[/img]

these are his working clothes. he is about 2 in this pic. He has been at the bull stud all winter putting up semen. I will post a recent pic soon. I have to get him home for his grilfriends
IMG_1403.jpg

Jake":2smzzwyh said:
purecountry":2smzzwyh said:

A Black hide and A brand is not going to make him a good bull.

WORANCH":qlbgpcxf said:
Jake":qlbgpcxf said:
purecountry":qlbgpcxf said:

A Black hide and A brand is not going to make him a good bull.

read all my comments... then rethink what you said. I said nothing about him being the best bull because of hide or brand. he was made the best bull that I'd consider because of the hide and "look" better than every other bull here except the shorty though.... IMO

This is our favorite bull. He is 100% Red Angus, named VGW Rattler 908.

I took this photo when he was 6 years old.

Rattler.jpg

Well, guys this is absolutely the best set of bull pics that have been posted for awhile. The worse one (I'm sorry to say) is the Simmental bull.
My avatar is my bull - and you've all seen lots of pics of him & his calves, so I won't bore you with old pics.
That cow is AWESOME!

He is a Shoco Sir Robin son that goes back to LCC Kingship 8787 on the maternal side. His reg. # is 659599

Latest posts