Herdsires

Help Support CattleToday:

Coyote

Reaction score
I like to see pictures of other cattle breeders herdsires, below is one of ours.

Buster.jpg

Coyote,

If he makes calves as thick as he is, I bet you're smiling on sale day. Have you been able to keep any daughters from him?

Not to be nosy, but just kind of curious about his bloodlines. Any chance of posting them?

Take care.

Here's our black simmental from the last 3 years. we paid $1000 for him as a 3 year old and got our moneys worth!!! He has sired some very impressive offspring. good calving ease and growth. We will have his first daughters calving soon so that will be the real tester i reckon.

Dan.

GardenJuly014.jpg
[/img]

Coyote,

I was admiring some of those Eionmor cattle on their website earlier today. Nice to see a pic of what their herdsires are producing.

Take care.

Well set-up Bull! It looks as if he is saying, "You take ONE more step toward me with that one-eyed box and You will take a trip over that fence in the background!"

DOC HARRIS

Coyote,
its rare taht we see good shorthorns nowadays. do you have any cow photos you'd be willing to share?

Beefy":1coffspi said:
Coyote,
its rare taht we see good shorthorns nowadays. do you have any cow photos you'd be willing to share?

You need to get out of that warm country and head to northern British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

There are more than a few up there yet that will do.

I like this guy here as well - he'll do as well.

Bez!

freddy2.jpg

Freddy. :) Actually, Saskvalley Wrangler 41H.

Horrible picture of him, and since I don't own a digital camera I can't get a side shot. Best walking bull I've ever seen in my life, solid hind end (one of the best I've ever seen on Shorthorn), good front shoulders, and easy keeping (that picture was after he got done with 45 cows). My only complaint is that he's just a _hair_ short of rib, but his daughters are crackerjacks, especially the Angus crossbreds (I've got 20 or 30 of his daughters around here).

Rod

CattleAnnie":2mvt95zz said:
Nice bull, Rod.

Sure looks thick topped. Does he sire many roans?

Thanks :) Wish I had some better pics because he is a wide animal, but his shoulders make him easy calving. I've only pulled one calf out of him, and it wasn't his fault.

He throws a few roans, but mostly reds with white markings. The blacks that I've crossed him to have either been red with white blazes, or solid blacks with a roan splash somewhere on them. I've been hoping to get at least one PB daughter with that odd white mark he has on his shoulder, but he's never given me one. This is likely his last year here as I've simply got too many of his daughters in both the PB herd and the commercial herd.

Rod

[Beefy:
Coyote,
its rare taht we see good shorthorns nowadays. do you have any cow photos you'd be willing to share?]

This is the bulls mother.
DiamondSCattleCo thanks for posting your bull he looks good, we also have a Saskvalley bull that we are using. He sure is a easy keeper.
aeb638c7.jpg
[/img]

Coyote":3eg6tne4 said:
DiamondSCattleCo thanks for posting your bull he looks good, we also have a Saskvalley bull that we are using. He sure is a easy keeper.

I've shamelessly plugged Saskvalley before, and I'll do it again and again :) I think these guys have really got it going on with their program. They've been breeding Shorthorns for years and have an incredible bunch of animals around their place. Since I was looking for a bull this year, I went and snooped. They've got 5 or 6 2 year olds that will be selling at their sale this year that are excellent. High gaining, easy keeping animals and the bulls are roughed out from the time they're dropped. No high gain diets for these guys.

Rod

IMO all the bulls posted so far are outstanding Shorthorns. Didn't know they made Shorthorns like that anymore. ;-)

la4angus":3l6mf1j4 said:
IMO all the bulls posted so far are outstanding Shorthorns. Didn't know they made Shorthorns like that anymore. ;-)
:shock: :shock: la4angus - You are right! I didn't know Shorthorns could look like that either! A 'half-century' ago they looked like this bull, but they went the way of the "pony" Angus - and I didn't realize that at least some of them had made the road back! He is a Popper! "What Goes Around - Comes Around!" - and I hope that our BEEF breeders don't fall into the same 'ditch' that they did years ago! :mad: :help:

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts