Photos of a couple herdsires

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
Here are a couple photos of 2 herdsires we are using. The first one was just purchased in May, I took the photo yesterday. The second one was purchased a couple years ago. A professional photographer took the photo in May.

Game Plan - we will use on cows

Victory - proven calving ease sire who we AI'd our heifers to and is now in with mature cows.

Rowdy":3bybq274 said:
Huge Fan of that top bull! He is exceptional.

I think he is too. I happened to stumble on him at a small first time sale. The guy that sold him purchased his cows from a long time breeder, and I thought I should go check the sale out as I knew the long time breeder had good cows. Boy am I glad I did!

IMO he's better than the stud below pictured second. Game Plans depth of heart does it for me. I don't care much for that tapered chest of the latter bull.

Question - what do you mean by tapered chest. That is a knew saying to me.

I went over to accelerated's site and glanced at the victory bull... That's a fantastic set of epds for a herdbull. They must come out like bricks for the spread between bw and ced but it's still a great spread.
What is the top bull bred like?

cow pollinater":5an8a8xm said:
I went over to accelerated's site and glanced at the victory bull... That's a fantastic set of epds for a herdbull. They must come out like bricks for the spread between bw and ced but it's still a great spread.
What is the top bull bred like?

I guess I am not sure what you mean by "come out like bricks for the spread between bw and ced" as their isn't much of a spread between bw and CED. They are both in the top 20%.

Here is a link to the other bulls pedigree:

http://search.redangus.org/animal/id/14 ... al/1476139

BRG":2fn90z0x said:
I guess I am not sure what you mean by "come out like bricks for the spread between bw and ced" as their isn't much of a spread between bw and CED. They are both in the top 20%.
It's not that there's any problem but I'd expect a bw of -3.1 to have a ced of something bigger than 8. I'd think they have to be pretty solid built to only have an 8. He's still fantastic, I'm just commenting on the low birth weight and the ced that doesn't quite match :D .
That top bull would come home on my trailer if I ever found him at a sale. :nod:

cow pollinater":c5my6k6h said:
BRG":c5my6k6h said:
It's not that there's any problem but I'd expect a bw of -3.1 to have a ced of something bigger than 8. I'd think they have to be pretty solid built to only have an 8. He's still fantastic, I'm just commenting on the low birth weight and the ced that doesn't quite match :D .

I see. His calves are averaging 71 lbs at birth, all out of first calf heifers. I don't think we have pulled more than a couple both of the years we have used him.

Rowdy":4i0820gy said:
BRG":4i0820gy said:
Question - what do you mean by tapered chest. That is a knew saying to me.

Tight hearted. The difference is on the fore rib.

I understand now. In real life he isn't that way, he is as deep of a made bull through the flank, chest, and heart as we have used. He is also a little darker red than what the light in the photos show. Sometimes photos don't do the bull justice, but then again, sometimes it does it the other way, and the bull looks better in the photo than real life :)

Rowdy":9cqycxgf said:
So you're saying in real life, Victory is deeper chested than Game Plan?

No, I said in real life Victory is as deep of a bull that we have used. We haven't used Game Plan yet. We just purchased him. He will go in with a group in a week or so. The 2 bulls are similar is style, except Game Plan is a frame bigger and maybe a little longer, and I don't think he has as much calving ease as the Victory bull. Both bulls are real deep made, real close to the same actually, but Game Plan has the look of having a bit more performance.

Latest posts