Help Please! How to keep cattle away from my home

Help Support CattleToday:

my cows can come down my drive to the garage, cant get in the yard. but if the garage door is left open more than once the cows or the mules will come right in the garage. I try to keep them away but sometimes it just does not work , the mules are the worst they would come in the house if I let them or should I say if my wife would let them. She says we look like a bunch of HILLBILLIES with a mule standing in the garage ???? well maybe I am ??? much rather wake up to cows and livestock in the yard as wake up in the city to drug deals and gun fire.

Move the fence that other 10ft further out to your property line, build the trump wall, that's about what can be done.. or move the house, but that's a lot harder.

alisonb said:
HDRider said:
Cows on three sides and across the road. My cow's shyt don't stink.

People like you made laws like this necessary.

Right to farm laws in the United States deny nuisance lawsuits against farmers who use accepted and standard farming practices and have been in prior operation even if these practices harm or bother adjacent property owners or the general public. ... All 50 states have some form of Right to Farm law.
Perhaps OP is not American...no mention is made where situated.

You are correct.

First off she exaggerates... how would she step in manure by staying on her property?

Planting a barrier hedge of lilac bushes along the property line might be the solution.
It would take a few years, but depending on the variety chosen they'll easily grow to be 6-12 ft tall.
It's easier to beautify your own location than to change a neighbor's behavior.

Son of Butch said:
First off she exaggerates... how would she step in manure by staying on her property?

Planting a barrier hedge of lilac bushes along the property line might be the solution.
It would take a few years, but depending on the variety chosen they'll easily grow to be 6-12 ft tall.
It's easier to beautify your own location than to change a neighbor's behavior.
Hopefully the lilac bushes aint too close to the fence....my cows LOVE to munching on these lilacs.

bird dog said:
How about a gadget

https://www.sportys.com/toolshop/motion-activated-animal-repellent.html

Cute but some cows might enjoy that.

Every day the Good Lord sends me blessings. This thread reminds of how much better I like my fellow man when he is scattered some.

gcreekrch said:
Every day the Good Lord sends me blessings. This thread reminds of how much better I like my fellow man when he is scattered some.

Amen. One of the blessing I give that for daily.

gcreekrch said:

What I heard is if you think you're neighbors are far enough away, then double the distance!...

Latest posts