Help Please! How to keep cattle away from my home

Help Support CattleToday:

Tenaj

Reaction score
We have cattle 10 ft from my yard and it is really discussing. What can we do to keep them further away? Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks

Nope not moving and the fence could be moved 10 ft but that is about it. I am never moving. My family will own this property till the end of time. I will put up a Trump wall soon. I just thought perhaps people that know a lot about cattle here could tell me some tricks to get the cattle to move further down his property and keep them away from this area.

Tenaj said:
Nope not moving and the fence could be moved 10 ft but that is about it. I am never moving. My family will own this property till the end of time. I will put up a Trump wall soon. I just thought perhaps people that know a lot about cattle here could tell me some tricks to get the cattle to move further down his property and keep them away from this area.

If it is his property the cows are on your shyt out of luck.
As previously said quit being a snowflake, move or suck it up.

Not a snowflake, do you have cattle living in your backyard, perhaps you like the fresh scent of cowshyt. Might be your favorite cologne too. you might be the one that steps in it then walks in your home with you cowshyt shoes all over your home. Not me!

Your situation is understandable. Lots of folks have activities near their home that are a nuisance.

If you are unwilling to move and the adjoining property owner is not in violation of ordinances, you will have to mitigate the problem from your side of the fence.

Yes I agree Bright Raven, thank you for your kind answer too. Perhaps the question I should have asked is what can I do from my side of the fence to mitigate cattle being so close? I was looking for experienced people to tell me if there are scents, plants, etc. cattle do not like so they wont want to be around.

Tenaj said:
Yes I agree Bright Raven, thank you for your kind answer too. Perhaps the question I should have asked is what can I do from my side of the fence to mitigate cattle being so close? I was looking for experienced people to tell me if there are scents, plants, etc. cattle do not like so they wont want to be around.

1. Don't trespass
2. Don't violate any law. He has rights.
3. If you are luring his cattle away, that is your right as long as you don't trespass, endanger his cattle or violate his rights.
4. Don't put or throw anything onto his property.

Do you have any ideas how I can lure the cattle away? I do not want to endanger the cattle, they are the innocent bystander in this situation. I understand they are cattle and eat grass and crap for a living and I do think they are quite cute. I just don't like the fresh scent of the crap they make. If I can keep them from this one area near my yard with a lure without harming them that would be the ideal answer. Do you have any ideas? Or does anyone.

Tenaj said:
Do you have any ideas how I can lure the cattle away? I do not want to endanger the cattle, they are the innocent bystander in this situation. I understand they are cattle and eat grass and crap for a living and I do think they are quite cute. I just don't like the fresh scent of the crap they make. If I can keep them from this one area near my yard with a lure without harming them that would be the ideal answer. Do you have any ideas? Or does anyone.

I would not try to lure them away. I doubt it will work on a long term basis. They will still enter the pasture where they are a nuisance.

If it is that important, meet with the owner. Maybe rent a buffer zone.

Thanks, all things will pass I am sure. I will put up my Trump wall, at least it might break the wind a little better. :)
Have a great day.

Tenaj

I take your question seriously.

I assume you reside in a location where you share a fenceline with a cattle producer and his cattle are a nuisance because of their activities. That is entirely understandable.

May I ask, who was there first? It really has no legal bearing but the question is a curiosity to me.

BR - you are soooo nice!!!
Tenaj - You have to understand - none of us think they smell bad!!! Manure is the smell of money - LOL
There is nothing you can do to stop them from grazing up to their property line - other than renting or buying some of the land and put up a new fence.
If you do anything to keep the cattle away from grazing your neighbors land, you are going to upset your neighbor and he could make trouble for you. You do NOT have any right to try to discourage his cattle from eating HIS grass. You can build a barrier (like your Trump wall) but it must be ON your side of the fence.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
BR - you are soooo nice!!!
Tenaj - You have to understand - none of us think they smell bad!!! Manure is the smell of money - LOL
There is nothing you can do to stop them from grazing up to their property line - other than renting or buying some of the land and put up a new fence.
If you do anything to keep the cattle away from grazing your neighbors land, you are going to upset your neighbor and he could make trouble for you. You do NOT have any right to try to discourage his cattle from eating HIS grass. You can build a barrier (like your Trump wall) but it must be ON your side of the fence.

No joking! I like the smell of cattle and I enjoy looking out and seeing them close by.

By the same token, cattle are a nuisance to some people.

Thank you for taking my question seriously Bright Raven, you are the most caring and understanding person on this site I have spoken to so far. That is a true compliment.
Both have been here same timing, since the beginning of time, the properties have been passed down for generations.
I don't really think there are answers when you have one family that live like slobs and another that live with pride and class. I thought perhaps there might be plants I could plant along the fence that would be offensive smell to the cattle so they would move further away. I mentioned before that it's not the cattle I don't like, I just don't like them so close. They are a beautiful creation God has provided us for food and the little ones are really cute. I just was only trying to move them a little further away with scent.
I will continue to try myself and put up my Trump wall, that will help a lot. Was trying to avoid putting up a fence. Thank you for your kindness.

Tenaj said:
Thank you for taking my question seriously Bright Raven, you are the most caring and understanding person on this site I have spoken to so far. That is a true compliment.
Both have been here same timing, since the beginning of time, the properties have been passed down for generations.
I don't really think there are answers when you have one family that live like slobs and another that live with pride and class. I thought perhaps there might be plants I could plant along the fence that would be offensive smell to the cattle so they would move further away. I mentioned before that it's not the cattle I don't like, I just don't like them so close. They are a beautiful creation God has provided us for food and the little ones are really cute. I just was only trying to move them a little further away with scent.
I will continue to try myself and put up my Trump wall, that will help a lot. Was trying to avoid putting up a fence. Thank you for your kindness.

Thanks for that explanation and the kind words.

Let me understand. The fence that is currently there - is it on the property line? The fence where you propose planting a barrier?

Thanks Bright Raven. You are the kindest person on this site! Compliment well deserved.

Both families have been here since the beginning of time and properties have been handed down for generations.

I understand cattle are Gods Creation for us as a great source of food and through time has become an income for plenty of people. I think the animal is beautiful too and the babies are truly adorable.

I will continue to study the cattle to find out what they like and don't like. I would never do mean things to my neighbor - so it is hard for me to understand why someone would not be understanding. There are rotten people in the world and it is really to bad. One thing for sure, I am so glad I am not like them. Thanks for all your time today. You are awesome!