Help me plan a menu ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Steaks go on the BBQ at 3 pm mountain time . See you then fellas :wave:

Wish me luck, think I may have bit off a little too much this time. Most gals ask to be taken out for dinner on their Bdays, I throw my friends a dinner party . :help: :lol:

Inquiring minds want to know. How did it go? We assume everything was spectacular but just curious from your point of view as hostess and honoree.

Jalopy":sbylrm7j said:
Inquiring minds want to know. How did it go? We assume everything was spectacular but just curious from your point of view as hostess and honoree.

The food was incredible ,it all went over really well and had many compliments. I think the two favorites were the grilled shrimp and of course the beef . It was a huge success ! Thanks for asking Jalopy . :tiphat:

angie":xobn9huy said:
I know you have, for the most part, everything planned out (and it sounds spectacular!). I just wanted to make a suggestion before it was too late. I am not sure if you have heard of congealed salad, but it is always a big hit here. You take 2 boxes of green jello and make it as suggested on the box. Put it in a bowl. Mix in (with a whisk or a blender) shredded canned pineapple, drained cottage cheese, a box of cream cheese and a small container of cool whip. Pour it into a 9x13 pan, and let it sit in the frig over night. Stir it now and again or the chunks of stuff sink to the bottom (it still tastes good but doesn't look as nice). Cut into bars and serve (maybe can be served in its own bowl or it melts and bleeds into any hot food). We always have it here for special occasion meals. :nod:

Have a wonderful time with your friends, and let us know how it all goes!
My mom used to make this stuff all the time. She loved it. Not my favorite but is a pretty dish.

CKC1586":2jm6nzjz said:
My mom used to make this stuff all the time. She loved it....a pretty dish.
Thank you CKC! I basically disregarded MM and duns comments. MM eats stuff she finds off the floor of her truck and dun eats small children and the neighbors family pets ~ not the most discriminating of palates between the 2 of them. :roll:

angie":2bm0twm3 said:
CKC1586":2bm0twm3 said:
My mom used to make this stuff all the time. She loved it....a pretty dish.
Thank you CKC! I basically disregarded MM and duns comments. MM eats stuff she finds off the floor of her truck and dun eats small children and the neighbors family pets ~ not the most discriminating of palates between the 2 of them. :roll:
Dang Angie.. are you calling dun a predator and MM a scavenger?? :lol2:

Latest posts