Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
This is the sale pen heifers we have, not all of them but it is a pretty nice pen of heifers. Jacob took the video this morning, I would sure like him to get a video like this of my keeper pen.

[media][https://www.facebook.com/107999509230648/posts/2493308137366428?sfns=mo/media]

Gizmom

Wow if that's the sale group is love to see the ones you're retaining! Great group. Awesome grass, too.

I went back and counted that isn't even half of the group we have 23 in the sale pen. One Charlo and one Resource are probably the pick of the pen but not a bad one in the bunch. I had a heck of a time spliting them up. Some in the keeper pen are Indian heifers (sacred in India) they are in the keeper pen because mamma aged out of the herd and I want to keep her last daughter, I think all of us have an Indian or two in our herds.

Alabama I do good posting videos I wouldn't know where to start to add music. I guess you hum a tun as you watch.
Gizmom

How do you develop your heifers, post weaning? Curious of others protocols in our area. Girls look quite feminine.

We have access to wet brewers grain, we pick it up every Friday, the amount varies on light weeks they get the brewers grain overdressed with CPC feed from Alabama Farmers Co-Op the 14% developer is the feed we use. Probably works out between 3 to 4 pounds per head. On weeks they have brewed a lot we won't top dress they just get the brewers grain. Plenty of good grass and mineral is the rest of what we do.

Gizmom

They look good, gonna just be in different sales?
wish i had that grass!!!! I cant get off the tractor and roller long enough to spray, weeds have taken over.
Just a reminder. Queen Mother x Extension :)

TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:
I'm needing to know how do you cut back your herd and keep all those heifers?

Out with the old and in with the new is how I do it.

She already culled 50 cows a month ago to scale back. I'm curious on what she's thinking, when she talks I listen.

True Grit Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:
I'm needing to know how do you cut back your herd and keep all those heifers?

Out with the old and in with the new is how I do it.

She already culled 50 cows a month ago to scale back. I'm curious on what she's thinking, when she talks I listen.

Good idea.

Latest posts