Heifer drooling

Help Support CattleToday:

colleen

Reaction score
We have a heifer been staying in shade for a couple weeks. Fever. Drooling. No cough, no runny eyes etc. has had Nuflor the last two saturdays and also some type of vitamins etc. vet heard a tiny bit of noise in lungs. Thought the shots would knock it out. grazing till she gets too hot then is in shade. Eating feed. I noticed this evening she was standing alone. We are treating for pneumonia. Has had her vaccinations for our area. first calf due next month. Any ideas?
Thanks
Colleen

I had something similar, I'm suspecting it's lungworm.. the fever is a secondary infection.. I'd give her a wormer (ask the vet for recommendations). Mine got it about a week after a drastic change in temps from near 100's down to 40's and rain... bit of stress, bit of weather, just gave it a foothold to get bad.

Ohh. You know we are thinking this isn't pneumonia and maybe we should start checking for worms. Can they test for that. We do our liver flukeand worming this month here where we live. I will ask our vet about lungworms. Thank u!!

Latest posts