heifer bred????????????

Help Support CattleToday:

ssimmentals

Reaction score
sorry for posting a question that i am pretty sure i know the answer to, but in this heat weve been having all sorts of trouble getting one to catch. i have a show heifer who was 21 days after breeding today. No signs of her even thinking bout coming in, and she usually likes the 19 th day. so, it be safe to assume that she is bred???? THANKS

Well you can make that assumption, but I've had them "miss" the first cycle and come into heat 42 days later. Watch her for another cycle to make sure. Well, have her palpated to make sure!

CWT Angus":e23a2foc said:
So far so good. Thats the first sign. You know your heifer's behavior better than anyone else. You can blood test her at 30 days . Try http://www.biotracking.com.

I have used the BioPRYN test and am really happy with the results. It's cost effective and very easy.

I'm a big fan of the Biopryn tests too. It's much easier to draw the blood than one would think. Results are fast too. Since you can test so much earlier than palpate, it's very handy this time of year with the last few cows to breed. At this time you are debating weather or not you want a calf born in May or June or if you should just ship the cow. You can palpate later if desired, if that makes the owner more comfortable.

i know its a bit late for breeding, but we just got her in may and i didn't want her calving within a month before or soon after our state show in march, thanks 4 the assurance and the blood test idea, im going to check it out. :D :D Sarah

Latest posts