Heifer and bull pics (More pics diff bull)

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Nice heifer I raised and am keeping. Pics arent the best she wasnt being very easy to deal with this day.

cowpics11-08007.jpg

Her back side after she had enough of me.

cowpics11-08008.jpg

Bull that will soon be a steer

cowpics11-08009.jpg

cowpics11-08006.jpg

IMO the best heifer you've posted, JHH. I like her. Frankly, she looks like she has more rear than the little steer to be. She has a feminine, yet substantial look about her. I might like to straighten her topline a tad, but that may just be the pose of the pic, and I'm being picky at that.

Bloodlines, sire, dam? I prescribe a mating to a Day bull like 943, and call me in a year or so with the results.

Jay she is a dandy! If her head came down her top would straighten out. Who is she out of and who is she bred/going to get bred to?

greenwillowhereford II":2o0hh4xv said:
IMO the best heifer you've posted, JHH. I like her. Frankly, she looks like she has more rear than the little steer to be. She has a feminine, yet substantial look about her. I might like to straighten her topline a tad, but that may just be the pose of the pic, and I'm being picky at that.

Bloodlines, sire, dam? I prescribe a mating to a Day bull like 943, and call me in a year or so with the results.
I think the top line is the way she decided to pose for me.As for the bull she does have more rear,but their is a bull standing next to him that you cant really see and he is a dandy. I just cant get a good pic of him. He may stay a bull a bit longer.

I think this is the best heifer I have ever raised to date. She is out of my line one bull, and an ochs brothers sired dam. She seems to be an easy keeper, she hasnt had any feed to speek of just mom and grass till recently. She is a Jan and weighed more than I thought she would. Her mom never raises a big calf but does enough to stay around.

Thanks for the comments. JHH

CPL":2o0hh4xv said:
Jay she is a dandy! If her head came down her top would straighten out. Who is she out of and who is she bred/going to get bred to?

This is the reason my daughter and I didnt buy a heifer of that age from Tom or Lowdermans. I think we have one just as good at home. Time will tell. I would like to find some FFA shows or open Shows for my daughter to take her to. I think she will be a very nice addition. As For what she is bred to. Nothing yet. Cant make up my mind. I need to add milk and take away B.W.

Nice heifer Jay, look forward to updated pictures when you get closer to show season.

About the shows, Check the MO Cattlemans website they list shows all over the state, in your area,Kirksville has a couple a year, Memphis has 1 2-3 a year in Columbia

By the way nice hfr!! DFF

Nice looking heifer. She's sure got some thickness to her.

JHH":114wdlsg said:
She is out of my line one bull, and an ochs brothers sired dam.

Hows your Line One bull bred?

As For what she is bred to. Nothing yet. Cant make up my mind. I need to add milk and take away B.W.

What bulls are you considering? I've got some bulls that specialize in adding milk and taking away B.W.. I could p.m. you some info. if you'd like.

KNERSIE":370mb40z said:
I really like the heifer at this stage, really dislike the bull.

Glad you like the heifer. I do think she is pretty good. The bull I knew you wouldnt like and I dont care alot for him either.He will be a steer shortly.
Ned Jr.":370mb40z said:
Nice looking heifer. She's sure got some thickness to her.

JHH":370mb40z said:
She is out of my line one bull, and an ochs brothers sired dam.

Hows your Line One bull bred?

As For what she is bred to. Nothing yet. Cant make up my mind. I need to add milk and take away B.W.

What bulls are you considering? I've got some bulls that specialize in adding milk and taking away B.W.. I could p.m. you some info. if you'd like.

REG # 42613243 FOR BULL HIS SIRE= ARROWCL1 1064 HIS DAM= SANDHILL BELLE T89

HEIFERS DAM= SIRE= OB SILVER PRAIRE 8297 HERDAM= GL ADVANCERETTE 153 HER # 42330275

Clear as mud huh. :)

JHH":187yanud said:
REG # 42613243 FOR BULL HIS SIRE= ARROWCL1 1064 HIS DAM= SANDHILL BELLE T89

HEIFERS DAM= SIRE= OB SILVER PRAIRE 8297 HERDAM= GL ADVANCERETTE 153 HER # 42330275

Clear as mud huh. :)

Got it. Arrow is Carlson of North Dakota and GL is Gibson in Nebraska. I looked the Gibson 153 cow up in my old Gibson dispersion catalog and seen she went for $900 and her calf sold for $600.

A little bull calf that i like but he may be postlegged? You judge him

Him right before I weaned him.

Blackbullcalf044.jpg

After he was weaned
COWPICS12-08006.jpg

COWPICS12-08004.jpg

And the heifer that I like so much. Still dont have a good pic but her she is again.

COWPICS12-08001.jpg

JHH":1kirmdy1 said:
He isnt staying a bull anyway but I would like to know.

How about the heifer?

I don;t see anything really wrong with her. Maybe a little light in the rear quarter and not much body capaicity, but that's just to my amature eye.

Looking at the angle of the hock, plus he has some muscle coming down the thigh, I don't think he's too posty. I kind of like him, nice calf

2-08006.jpg

rocket2222":hpevw897 said:
Looking at the angle of the hock, plus he has some muscle coming down the thigh, I don't think he's too posty. I kind of like him, nice calf

2-08006.jpg

I agree with rocket. I don't think he's too post legged and I like him!

George