healed castration pictures please

Help Support CattleToday:

What falls out is not like a marble falling out of a sack with a hole. It just drops down past the skin leaving a meaty glob exposed. It then has to be surgically removed..
I can see how one can be left up with a young calf, there is no weight behind it to push itself out so the hole heals it in.....Its very easy to band a large calf standing up, they pop down below the band easily.[/quote]

It is not rocket science to get both testicles in the band and if you don't, it is not hard to pop the band with a blade and start over. In my opinion, this should never happen.

skeeter swatter":1i8ocnvy said:
O.P.
You're full of it, I'm done, and that spotted calf IS KNIFE CUT.

buh bye
That calf was banded...i did it myself and i just bet i have pictures of the band on it...no time right now to post it..

chippie":17eo8nmh said:
Then you do not know how to band. The band should be flush against the calf, not partway down the scrotum.
Its done correctly..calf is fine and growing. They grow fat around the sight, just like a knife cut calf. This is why i'm pointing out that at weaning time there is no way anyone can tell how the calf was cut. Went to the sale barn the other day and looked at all the weanlings they had penned up. I'd say, 75% were uncut...the rest cut but all looked the same as mine. Some had more fat, some had nothing...I bet that the buyers are just happy to see a castrated calf and they are not docking....

chippie":113idy6l said:
Then you do not know how to band. The band should be flush against the calf, not partway down the scrotum.

Sorry but that's incorrect
You don't want it up close to the belly, but down towards the testicles

maybe flush was the wrong word, but you don't band them half way down the scrotum. Our calves are banded when they are a couple of days old and they don't get that pouch.

chippie":1imdgn2u said:
maybe flush was the wrong word, but you don't band them half way down the scrotum. Our calves are banded when they are a couple of days old and they don't get that pouch.
The right words would be.....'i stand corrected, i'm sorry for questioning you'....

cowgirl8":1kb4nk9l said:
chippie":1kb4nk9l said:
The right words would be.....'i stand corrected, i'm sorry for questioning you'....
That's not how you earns some respect around here and that is not how you makes friends. This thread is a waste of time.

Taurus":24n1tuat said:
cowgirl8":24n1tuat said:
chippie":24n1tuat said:
That's not how you earns some respect around here and that is not how you makes friends. This thread is a waste of time.
lol Have you not read the things you write... :lol2:

cowgirl8":2n1oq3gi said:
Taurus":2n1oq3gi said:
chippie":2n1oq3gi said:
lol Have you not read the things you write... :lol2:

TAURUS, I enjoy your writing style. More important, you make a lot of sense and know what you are talking about.

Latest posts